Why become a member? ×

My Markbass combo has just died

woolleydick

[quote name='woolleydick' post='306239' date='Oct 14 2008, 02:01 PM']Switched it on last night and almost no volume even with everything turned up full.

[b]Only got it in July[/b]

Not happy :-([/quote]

Warranty? Where did you get it from, and was it new? What model is it?

I am sure if anyone opens it up it will invalidate the warranty - I would do it myself being an electronics engineer, but I can guess what they would say.

However checking the speaker by attaching an extension cab seems a worthwhile test, if it is the problem, I might be able to persuade them to send a replacement speaker!

Sorry if I sound like I'm teaching Granny to suck eggs but...

After testing the speaker have you another amp that you could use to establish if the pre and power sections are operating OK? Using effects send and return or pre/power in and outs on the amp (not familiar with the model so not sure what it has) and the headphone socket (?) might help you pinpoint the problem. If none of what I've said makes sense I'll check on-line later today as to what your model has in the way of facilities to test this.

Good luck with the speaker test though.

all true, and would help to find the problem, but I suspect it will have to go back to a dealer or distributor because of the warranty issue.
good job I have other amps.

actually rehearsed using my roland microcube and mic'd it up through the PA - not perfect but perfectly giggable - was surprised.