Why become a member? ×

Interesting headless

tauzero

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320310081381"]Item 320310081381[/url] - a rather interesting take on making a headless. From what I can see of it, it uses normal tuners in a novel fashion, rather more attractively than the Warwick Nobby Wossname. Seller also offers plans for sale for his travel guitar of the same family.

[quote name='tauzero' post='305468' date='Oct 13 2008, 01:32 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320310081381"]Item 320310081381[/url] - a rather interesting take on making a headless. From what I can see of it, it uses normal tuners in a novel fashion, rather more attractively than the Warwick Nobby Wossname. Seller also offers plans for sale for his travel guitar of the same family.[/quote]

Heh, didn't even see those tuners there at first. Recessed to stop them being knocked accidentally - I'm impressed. My only concern would be that you might end up accidentally muting your D and G strings while trying to tune them.

S.P.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='305505' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:05 PM']If it works how I think it does (the simplest method - strings round the bridge then doubles back to the machine heads) it must take really long strings. :) Otherwise the tuners run long links back to the bridge (rear) and the pegs are there.[/quote]

It's 30" scale, so it long scale strings would probably make it round OK. It's certainly an interesting way of doing things.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='305535' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:47 PM']Ah my bad. I just speed read the blurb and now I see it's [b]overall[/b] length is 34" :blush:
Are you interested man? I know how you like your short scales. :brow:[/quote]

Even if I didn't have an impending wedding to finance, I still wouldn't be £299 + auction activity interested :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='305582' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:05 PM']Even if I didn't have an impending wedding to finance, I still wouldn't be £299 + auction activity interested :)[/quote]
I have a feeling that "£299 + auction activity" will = £299 + 0 bids.

I reckon a similar design could be used for a 34" scale, with careful; positioning of the tuners. After all, strings are generally pretty overlength - I have to chop some off the longest string run I have, the D on the through-body 7-string Tsai, so there's a bit of surplus.