Why become a member? ×

DIVA bass (Marleaux) ... / Diva Seller ?!

eubassix

[url="http://www.ebay.de/itm/Marleaux-Diva-5-String-Fretless-Bass-Ungespielt-Neu-/332034090244?hash=item4d4ec62504:g:mvsAAOSw~gRVjBZG"]http://www.ebay.de/i...vsAAOSw~gRVjBZG[/url]

anybody had any interraction with this 'gemwolfprivat' (based in Germany) ?

All I asked was if he might be interested in trade/s and could he please add some more photos (only 2 on the listing, both not so good, none of the back of the bass)
Received the following tirade in response (?!!) :-

" . I have several Basses from Jens ... so I am not interested in Trade.
Look, I am too long into Ebay trade ( over 15 Years) and never somebody who asked odd questions to see a Bass from behind bought something from me ... or made it worthwhile to make the effort to unpack the bass ... make fotos etc :-) ( its about sound, sound , sound ... or am I wrong :-)
Really interested customer pick up the phone, speak to me in person and ask me questions that really matter e.g. about soudspecifications or Sustain ... or Mwah - Effekt ... or ease of play ...
So what do you like to know about the backside of this bass ... it is new , so not 1 Trace of wear will be visible ...
My best regards
Wolf

Edited by eubassix

Hi :-)

The only thing I know about this particular bass is that it is in sale in www.ebay.de for probably 2 years - at least more than one year for sure - I saw it there months before I bought my first Marleaux from you (which was one year ago) :-)

It doesn't mean that the seller is bad, though..I hope he didn't mean that he has 15 years experience in selling that particular one :-)

• 2 weeks later...

That reply is just plain rude. He could, with little effort, politely decline without the rant. If I'm about to invest three and a half grand, I don't think it's too much to ask to see both sides of an instrument I'm considering buying.

Edited by SICbass

Seems like a bit of a d**k to me; if you really want to sell something then surely going to the effort of "unpacking it" to take more than some, to be honest grainy pictures, of a bass that someone will be paying three and a half grand for isn't too much to ask especially as you may be willing to buy if hes not interested in a trade. However someone phoning him up and asking "does it sound good" would be preferable.