Why become a member? ×

Anybody played a Warwick Streamer $$....?

Chewie

How would it compare to a Stingray HH? Would you be able to get a half-decent Stingray tone out of the bridge pickup?

I already have a PJ configured Streamer Stage 1 and was recently looking for a Stingray style bass to compliment it, and was considering a Streamer $$ but ended up going for an EBMM Sterling. The Sterling is great but I never got a chance to try a Streamer $$ and so still wonder how it compares.

Edited by darkandrew

I have a $$ Corvette, it's a dealer edition with a Streamer pre amp, it does have a huge range of sounds, people have suggested it as an alternative to a HH Stingray but I don't think it does the Stingray sound to any major degree, if you fancy a trip up to sunny Northampton you are more than welcome to come and have a play on it and make your mind up.

To be honest I rarely use the Warwick now as the Yodaclub sound really suits a Precision bass sound.

Owned a German 4 string $$ for a while and thought it probably the most versatile sounding bass ever. The coil tapping options combined with active/passive options allow so many possibilities.
Loved it's light weight and general ergonomics but ultimately couldn't get on with the chunky neck and flat fingerboard.