Why become a member? ×

Cory Henry. Manchester tonight. Anyone going back to Liverpool?

Owen

I need to get from the gig tonight to Liverpool. Anyone going with carspace? Happy to contribute to petrol.

TIA

2 tickets gone, still 4 left.

I have some spare tickets for Cory Henry and the Funk Apostles in Band on the Wall tomorrow night (Weds 2nd). They are £18 face value but yours for £15 each. I bought a bunch for my students and then some turned round and said "I am not coming". How I laughed. I will need to meet you at the venue.

Edited by owen

I would probably agree with you. He was doing insane things most of the time (in a good way) just supporting the whole, but then took a beautifully considered almost straight jazz piano solo in the final number. The way he built up to and landed the ends of his phrases was sublime. The whole project is just state of the art.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1478173559' post='3167241']
I would probably agree with you. He was doing insane things most of the time (in a good way) just supporting the whole, but then took a beautifully considered almost straight jazz piano solo in the final number. The way he built up to and landed the ends of his phrases was sublime. The whole project is just state of the art.
[/quote]
Was that in Proud Mary? - the contrary motion thing that he had going on in that song in Birmingham was just out of this world.

Edited by EBS_freak

Owen - if you want to check out more of his stuff, his name is Nick Semrad. Got talking to him at the end - was funny, everybody was herding around Cory post show and nobody seemed to care about the other musicians who had just pulled off some ridiculous stuff... Anyway, he came over to me to say hello and we started talking (in reality, I'd only gone over to his side of the stage as I was on a gear stalk :P).