Why become a member? ×

mmmm scrumdiddlyumptious!

Thanks B2bM / Ou7 !.. as John (w.w.h.) points-out, this is my bass. I'll add some photos and details here and am happy to entertain PM's/offers if anybody's interested. I spoke to the guys at Sandberg who confirmed both that the accompanying EQ is complete/correct (although they still haven't sent the promised circuit diagram) and that the bass was part of the NAMM 07 display. Nice passive J5 as it stands and capable of some 'boost' with the optional EQ. I find it similar to the USA J5 / MM Jazz 5, but somewhat lighter in weight and with better tone.

Description and photos_

Sandberg California JM5 ' Natur' -matt. Currently set up as a passive Jazz 5 (+) - the Glockenklang preamp was removed by the previous owner but it comes (complete & ready to re-install, if desired) with the bass. I never bothered putting it in - but it is verified by Sandberg (De.) as correct & complete. Side mounted jack is still in place . The previous owner also put an additional (rear) strap button at the neck-plate (see photos) and had string-through routed w/ ferrules. The picture on the back also shows a little buckle rash which is about the only blemish on the bass. Upgraded with a BadAss II (V) bridge, the original Sandberg bridge is also included: this will cover the Badass holes (if re-installed) but may not work with the string-thru option. Comes complete with original Sandberg gig-bag. Scale is 34" (plus zero-fret) and weight about 10.5 lbs. String spacing @ 9mm (nut); 15mm (fret-22); 18mm (bridge).
This is a sweet 5 string J-bass with a nice low action, and is really well balanced. Current passive set-up has Volume, Pan and Tone, with the original single-coil / humbucking switch for the MM pickup still operative. The bass was a featured model at NAMM 2007 (as is seen in the neck-pocket photo - on ebay) and has really nice figuring to the body front and back ! It plays/ performs great as a passive J5, but could be 're-activated' easily (original side-jack is still present/complete).
Not sure if the model is yet (easily) available in the UK, so best current deal seems to be via Thomann (De.) at €1300 .. Although the figuring may not be as good as the NAMM example.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/sandberg_california_jm5_mn_natur_matt.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/sandberg_californ..._natur_matt.htm[/url]