Why become a member? ×

Great ad for bit of jap crap

oldslapper

In the right hands it has the makings of being a nice bass. I could do wonders with it. It's got some nice wood in both the body and neck.

I'd enjoy doing wonders with it. Yet, as a non-gigging bass player (is this claim too much for my ability?), I don't have space for it.

If anyone wants it and wants the work done... my door is open. :D

[i][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial]Experts have modified this instrument over the years in order, no doubt, to further improve tonal quality.[/font][/size][/font][/size][/i]

Sounds like our old friend is up to his old tricks again! :lol:

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1477415022' post='3162083']
[i][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial]Experts have modified this instrument over the years in order, no doubt, to further improve tonal quality.[/font][/size][/font][/size][/i]

Sounds like our old friend is up to his old tricks again! :lol:
[/quote]

Hahaha :-)

I spotted this a few days ago - it does look like it would be very nice after a bit of fettling.

Kind of nice that there are still a few neglected, badly set-up survivors of the 70s out there, reminding us why "JapCrap" once wasn't quite as ironic as it is now...

The nut work is to be marvelled at, I reckon it is a Maya or similar manufacturer, it will no doubt make a nice bass once renovated, as Grandur noted the body and neck are nice wood, I hate to think what you would pay for a nice 1 piece body like that from a parts supplier.

It has to be our job to ensure the "renovation" work is not done the Voldermort of guitar improvements Mr Phillips, someone on hear needs to save this bass!