Why become a member? ×

NBD Ibanez Premium

CaptainBlackarm16

So I just splurged £1006 on a brand new 2016 Ibanez SR1300. Travelled to Richtone Music in Sheffield yesterday in the hopes of finding something that took my fancy, friendly and helpful staff and a lovely selection of brands but as per the usual (not a fantastic amount of basses), also they had a pretty hefty pre-owned selection where I spied one of Doug Wilkes Basses made in the 80's I believe.

I had a play on a few basses specifically the Ibanez stuff, loved one of the new single cut models (SRSC805NTF Cerro) with a beautiful purple heart fretboard. The attention to detail on the Ibanez stuff is fantastic....anyway long story short I have a soft spot for satin finished basses with a good old Wenge neck. So I played the SR1300 and the SR1800 (2015 model) and fell head over heels for the 1300. Of which I walked out the shop with!

Absolutely blown away with the attention to detail on the Premium basses, really quality stuff!