Why become a member? ×

1978 Jetglo Rickenbacker 4001 - swap for your OLD Precision or Jazz

___---___

Ok, so just a feeler right now. If there is interest I will post pictures (I haven't yet as my Mac is crazy slow - it's unnecessary for as long as there is no firm interest!). The bass is all original and in really good condition. Of course there is some buckle rash but that is, of course, to be expected. PM me.

X

Ok, slight edit to an OLD post. Pictures added, and I would now consider a Jazz.

[url="http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/GuitarAmpFx1985/4001/"]http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/Gu...AmpFx1985/4001/[/url]

Edited by ___---___

[quote name='___---___' post='302553' date='Oct 8 2008, 09:41 PM']Ok, so just a feeler right now. If there is interest I will post pictures (I haven't yet as my Mac is crazy slow - it's unnecessary for as long as there is no firm interest!). The bass is all original and in really good condition. Of course there is some buckle rash but that is, of course, to be expected. PM me.

X[/quote]

Whats with the name --- and X then ?

You definitely need to post pictures ... there are many Rickenfakers about ... and perhaps if you unmask your MI6 indentity...... :)

What sort of P bass are you considering ? Era ? Condition ? Fingerboard ? Colour ?

The 'X' is a kiss for y'all, and the name is an attempt to escape pretentiousness (ironically, this may be viewed, probably correctly, as being somewhat pretentious).

I'm really after anything I can get. I'm not fussed about the fingerboard at all really. I'm just after an old funk/disco machine. I'll try and get some pictures online this weekend.

X

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='303544' date='Oct 10 2008, 07:27 AM']C'mon guys, it's not that difficult.

DASH DASH DASH / DOT DOT DOT / DASH DASH DASH = O S O

Just call him [b][i]Oso[/i][/b] and pretend he's Japanese.

:P[/quote]

surely the dots would be along the bottom, and the dashes in the middle, so it's actually a distress signal..? ;)

I'll call the coastguard, someone else call the FBI, we'll find you, Bassist Formerly Known As Help! ....wait, another tangent ,he may be a Beatles fan, but couldn't put semaphore in his name!

I'm a genius! He's Macca's long lost son, Hence the SOS call!! :huh:

Basschat Detective Agency strikes again!

:)