Why become a member? ×

Went to what was previously Sound Control in Leeds today...

GЯДИКФЯ

It's become a PMT store and it's much better. Better stock all round. They had some Music Man basses, basses from all the Fender ranges and I was surprised to see Clover basses there too. Checked out a Squier Classic Vibe P, an American Deluxe P with a subtley flamed maple fretboard and a Stingray through a tiny but pretty decent Line 6 amp. If you're in the area check it out

[quote name='GЯДИК' post='301496' date='Oct 7 2008, 04:36 PM']It's become a PMT store and it's much better. Better stock all round. They had some Music Man basses, basses from all the Fender ranges and I was surprised to see Clover basses there too. Checked out a Squier Classic Vibe P, an American Deluxe P with a subtley flamed maple fretboard and a Stingray through a tiny but pretty decent Line 6 amp. If you're in the area check it out[/quote]

im off to leeds on saturday so hopefully the wife will let me off on my own to go bass spotting. its not in the centre is it?

I went there last Saturday and they sorted out my return to Peavey very nicely considering they had nothing to do with the original sale. It's easy to get to down the A61, turn onto the M58 [inner ringroad], turnoff at the sign for the airport. At the roundabout take 3rd exit [signposted airport], then it's about 2nd or 3rd left past TGI Fridays and just next to Staples.

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='301499' date='Oct 7 2008, 04:39 PM']im off to leeds on saturday so hopefully the wife will let me off on my own to go bass spotting. its not in the centre is it?[/quote]

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='301505' date='Oct 7 2008, 04:44 PM']I went there last Saturday and they sorted out my return to Peavey very nicely considering they had nothing to do with the original sale. It's easy to get to down the A61, turn onto the M58 [inner ringroad], turnoff at the sign for the airport. At the roundabout take 3rd exit [signposted airport], then it's about 2nd or 3rd left past TGI Fridays and just next to Staples.[/quote]

there's your directions! it's near the centre but it's not right in it.

Woo, first post :).

I went in there today to see if they had any MIM Jazz basses in stock, and the bloke who handled everything was great. He seemed to be a fan of the new Fender Classic 70s Jazz Bass thingy, but apart from a cosmetically nicer neck I couldn't tell the difference between that and the standard MIM Jazz Bass I bought.

For those who want to know where it is on foot (as I got a bit lost trying to find it), go straight out of the train station and turn left, and then turn left again past the bloke who sells the newspapers. Follow 'Wellington Street' I think it is for 5-10 minutes, and you'll go under the A58 along the way. When you spot the Staples store on the left, it's just next to that.

I went there the other week and was again impressed with the bass guys who served me - nothing seemed to be too much trouble to them, they were very helpful :)
Also have emailed them with an enquiry and they got straight back to me.

I played on a load of basses and really liked the new Squier Jazz Classic Vibe in Olympic White, it was quality and only £249! What was the price for the 70's Classic Jazz bass you refer to?

[quote name='Big Bass Man' post='302338' date='Oct 8 2008, 04:57 PM']I played on a load of basses and really liked the new Squier Jazz Classic Vibe in Olympic White, it was quality and only £249! What was the price for the 70's Classic Jazz bass you refer to?[/quote]

The Fender Classic 70's Jazz Bass was about £479 I think.

I only just heard it'd changed, after hearing something a couple of months ago about Sound Control disappearing. I've heard it's a good bass selection now.

I'm glad to hear that they've got some Clovers in there now, I've been drooling over the walnut Avenger 5 for a while. Do they have that one in stock? I'd really like to see what they're like.

Popped to PMT last night and tried a Fender 70's Classic J bass - lovely! Will have to start saving now me thinks!

They have a great selection of basses, I noticed 3 or 4 Spector Re-Bop 4 strings and the Sandbergs and a brilliant looking Musicman Sterling, but didn't have enough time to try them all out

Staff were great as usual - worth checking it out
:)