Why become a member? ×

Pair of Lakkys

peety

Got my new Lakland DJ yesterday so i thought i'd post a pic along with my remaining BG

Had 2 BG's before as i had an aversion to Jazz basses due to the size of the body and weight of fender i used to have,

however this is fantastic, smaller body nice and light feeling with a neck to die for ,can't wait to throw some flats on it.

[attachment=14467:laklands_001.jpg]

[attachment=14469:laklands_003.jpg]

[attachment=14468:laklands_004.jpg]

chers steve

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='301807' date='Oct 7 2008, 10:51 PM']Had a play on a DJ exactly like yours today at GAK in Brighton and sounded fantastic![/quote]

I know what you mean Nik,

i have been really impressed with mine, has sort of restored my faith in Jazz basses as i have been playing precisions for a while now but i fear this may replace the BG as my main bass.

cheers steve

[quote name='Rayman' post='301954' date='Oct 8 2008, 10:17 AM']Superb gear mate.

My DJ was outstanding, I hope Ray's happy with it. I just couldn't resist another Stingray to replace it. It really doesn't get much better than Lakland IMO.[/quote]

Cheers for that Russ only found out about Laklands through Basschat and have been a convert ever since my aim is to one day get a US BG in white/maple like the one on the Lakland website, if only they weren't nearly 2 grand eh.

was offered a couple of black/maple DJ's by guys on here at great prices but just didn't fancy another black one and must say it was worth the extra for the blue and i got a good deal at PMT as it happens.

Edited by peety

[quote name='Rayman' post='302138' date='Oct 8 2008, 01:27 PM']I love the Lake Placid Blue, for me the best colour for a DJ. Stick a white pearl plate on it from Jeannies and your laughing.[/quote]

thats the plan mate in fact just about to order one

steve

[quote name='YouMa' post='302718' date='Oct 9 2008, 03:21 AM']Are Laklands good? I have never tried one,Some guys trying to swap me at the moment.Do you think the name will last?[/quote]

i have had 3 now 2 Bob Glaubs and a Darryl Jones and personally i think they are far superior to Fenders IMHO, however i guess this is all down to personal taste, the build quality, playability and tone on all mine have been superb.

What model have you been offered ?