Why become a member? ×

Lost basses?

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='300987' date='Oct 7 2008, 06:55 AM']Someone lost two brand new Yamaha basses on Bristol public transport?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-RBX270-J-YNS-Electric-Bass-Guitar-BNIB_W0QQitemZ310088289367QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-RBX270-J-YNS-...7QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

I hate it when that happens to me.

Guys, I think you are taking their ebay name a bit literal....

City bid is an auction house.... they will get allsorts of peeps bringing stuff in to auction off by whatever means will bring teh best return for teh company.

If thier primary client group is not musos then they would be right to suggest to thier client that they try to sell on gleebay.

Judging by the new Yamaha kit they are selling I would suggets that this is a bankrupt shop stock clearance or police seized property that has not been reclaimed. Or indeed insurance company property that they have paid out on as part of a claim .

I would doubt very much that it was lost property and would be alomst 100% sure its not [u]hot [/u]property as this would destroy the companies business profile and reputation which for auctioneers is pretty damn important.

[quote name='markytbass' post='301103' date='Oct 7 2008, 10:42 AM']How do you leave something that size on a bus, if it was left on a bus and didn't fall off the back of it.[/quote]

I left a bigish gig bag on a train once, there was nothing in it though...you've got to have a couple of screws loose to leave 2 new basses on a bus though :)

I used to work in IT, and sometimes used a big mains power tester. It consisted of a hard case with an LED display on it, a few buttons, and a good few wires. I couldn't have made it look more like a suitcase bomb if I tried!

I left this on a train at Liverpool Street in London. Luckily I got back there before they blew it up!

Edited by Trace_n_bass