Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Please remove
£500

Oggy

Hello Basschatters

I'm looking for an offer around the [b]£350[/b] mark. I can ship locally at buyers expense and risk - just let me know the courier of your choice.

I have up for sale a '[b]1996 Special Edition Fender 50th Anniversary P Lyte[/b]' in fantastic condition. She's a really beautiful sunburst finish with chrome hardware and strung with a set of Medium D'Addario half round strings, active electronics and set with a low action. You will see from the photos that it's really in excellent condition, even still has the sticky film on the battery enclosure cover - I very much doubt that you'll ever see another 20 year old P Lyte in this condition. I've been told that this run of P Lyte basses were made specifically for the American market only - the neck plate is original and says 'Fender USA' - I've also been told that this [u]doesn't indicate that it's made in America[/u], it's a [u]made in Japan[/u] Fender P-Lyte

I bought this beauty from Pestie (Mike) some three years ago and only ever used it at a couple of rehearsal sessions, I've not played it out and really can't ever see me doing so, it's just wasted under the bed. The bass is, as the name implies, very light the body is almost that of a Fender Stratocaster.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the photos below, please let me know what you have if you're interested in a trade / swap.

Oggy :)

[attachment=227153:Fender P Lyte 199601.jpg] [attachment=227154:Fender P Lyte 199602.jpg]

[attachment=227155:Fender P Lyte 199603.jpg] [attachment=227156:Fender P Lyte 199604.jpg]

[attachment=227157:Fender P Lyte 199605.jpg] [attachment=227158:Fender P Lyte 199606.jpg]

[attachment=227159:Fender P Lyte 199607.jpg] [attachment=227160:Fender P Lyte 199608.jpg]

[attachment=227161:Fender P Lyte 199609.jpg] [attachment=227162:Fender P Lyte 199610.jpg]

[attachment=227163:Fender P Lyte 199611.jpg] [attachment=227164:Fender P Lyte 199612.jpg]

[attachment=227165:Fender P Lyte 199613.jpg] [attachment=227166:Fender P Lyte 199614.jpg]

[attachment=227167:Fender P Lyte 199615.jpg] [attachment=227168:Fender P Lyte 199616.jpg]

Edited by Oggy

Okay, coming clean as a possible P.Lyte anorak - I have had a fair few of these.
Currently got 2 of the exact same model / year etc. Have seen a fair few Lytes with the 'USA' neck plate,
and always assumed that (as it was towards the end of the run) Fender were just using up parts and these
curved edge plates were hanging around in the parts bin from other models?
Cracking basses IMHO. These chrome parts models are for me the best, as the earlier ones with gold plated
parts were notorious for tarnishing very quickly. Also the s/b ones seem to be the most durable finish too,
with some of the other pearl colours (white / red / grey / fotoflame etc) being very easy to ding.
Love mine - lightweight full scale bass capable of many tones with the PJ pickup arrangement.
GLWTS, cheers. Pete.

Edited by casapete

Hey Oggy - It's possible, but I've seen so many with the USA plates over here, seems unlikely?
Also they have n't tried to hide the MIJ part of the headstock transfer, so if that was their intention then
they were n't trying very hard :lol:

I remember yours coming up for sale, and was tempted then as it's such a minter.
My two are okay but not as pristine. One is my main bass now, and the other it's spare.
Seriously underrated basses, and one of the lightest well put together Fenders I've played.
Hope you get sorted mate.
Cheers
Pete.

You might have more luck looking for your 32" scale Precision on eBay from Japanese sellers. They were more common over there. I bought a couple over a period of a year or so - an A serial no. Squier Precision and also a Fender P/J, both 32" scale, both mid80s, from the same seller called batfuk (yes, really). Even with shipping, VAT and import duties they still worked out ok price-wise. He ships with DHL and it took 2 days door to door from Tokyo.

Anyway, GLWYS, these are lovely.

Edit - just remembered I told you all this before! I thought it sounded familiar! BTW my Katana is still for sale :)

Edited by Paul S

I couldn't resist a quick google for batfuk and et voila!

[url="http://stores.ebay.com/Batfuk/BASS-GUITARS-etc-/_i.html"]http://stores.ebay.com/Batfuk/BASS-GUITARS-etc-/_i.html[/url]?

Paul I was lucky enough to nobble my Squier PB331 from your good self. Fabulous little bass. I liked it so much I bought a 32" J from Tim to keep it company!

Good luck Tim!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...