Why become a member? ×

eden wt 550, cant get in it!!!!!!

lee650

Hi evryone, iv;e just got a new valve for my eden wt 550, now my problem is there seems to be about 14 screws holding the top/ sides on, ive managed to getall off except one by the grill ontheleft hand side at the top, now they seem to be connected to something inside, the screw head was already a bit threaded(as i got it second hand) but when i tried to shift it with an electric screwdriver it would not move, it just got worse, now i cant move it at all and cant get inside :) has anyone else had bother getting into thier eden heads or is there aknack or something, its built like a bloody tank and im a bit worried ill never get in it.
id appreciate an tips or advice on the problem, thanks everyone :huh: -lee

Lee, yes the WT550 is a brilliant amp, but the access to the pre amp valve could have been designed much better in my opinion.
I have a Tech in Lancs who has serviced my 550 if you need his number just PM me.

Good luck

Thanks lads
IM going to have another crack tomorrow, following BB,s suggestion, im reluctant to drill into it myself as it seems to be con nected to a component inside, failing that theres a guy near me ive used before, mind you wayne i wouldnt mind the no of the tech you use (and location).
cheers again lads, i hope i can sort it. :)

Lee, yes the WT550 is a brilliant amp, but the access to the pre amp valve could have been designed much better in my opinion.
I have a Tech in Lancs who has serviced my 550 if you need his number just PM me.

Good luck