Why become a member? ×

Ashdown 330 touring combo

FinnDave

Seems I just bought another Ashdown amp! That makes three, the 180 watt electric blue combo, the ABM500 evo II/Barefaced super twin and now this combo. Basically, I am too lazy to hump gear back and forth to rehearsal, so for the last 2 or 3 years, the EB180 has been living at our rehearsal space, but I am now using it at home for bass & synth.

Not sure I really meant to buy the touring combo, just saw it on e bay, made an offer and suddenly it was mine!

That's the one.

Changed the direction he was coming from when I checked his location, thought he was in the north originally, but was looking at a few amps before buying this one. Having said that, time from 'I could really do with another amp to save me bringing the EB 180 downstairs' to 'congratulations on your purchase' was under 5 mins!

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1470907135' post='3109233']
Having said that, time from 'I could really do with another amp to save me bringing the EB 180 downstairs' to 'congratulations on your purchase' was under 5 mins!
[/quote]

Sounds about right. I have pretty much done the same with speccing a new ACG for a specific [i]dep[/i] gig for christsakes!

Edited by Merton

Well, that was fast, just over 6 hours from thinking about it to playing it in my house! Deal done and Touring combo in my car ready for tonight's rehearsal. Sounded impressive with the US Jazz Bass going through it, got to decide which bass to take tonight now!

Edited by FinnDave

It sounded great at tonight's rehearsal. I used my US standard Jazz, played with a plectrum, and it fitted in well with our 4 piece band. The others want me to use it for gigs, they think it sounds better than anything else I've got! Not sure I agree. Left the amp at our rehearsal place, so a nice easy one trip to the car with my bass and a bag of leads.

I had the 330 head and was surprised at the results of some tube rolling in these. Normally hybrids valves are more for show than anything but I got great results with a high gain Chinese 12AX7 in V1 and a JJ in v2, lovely bit of grind/drive