Why become a member? ×

Shipping Bass to Europe

woodywyatt

Hi all,

I have someone from Italy who is interested in buying my bass.
He’s also stipulated he only wants to pay via PayPal (he will pay fees). I’m thinking of using UPS as they’ll only be one company involved all the way.

Anyone had any experience shipping overseas from UK, and also using PayPal as payment, and maybe an idea of price for UPS shipping with insurance ?

Thanks for any help

Depends how much the bass is worth and whether you want to insure it?

I recently sent a bass to Denmark via UPS and fully insured it was just shy of £400... Ridiculous...

Also at the risk of sounding a little cynical, is the buyer a regular? PayPal just side with the buyer automatically in any dispute and it cause issues...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1470581366' post='3106864']
Also at the risk of sounding a little cynical, is the buyer a regular? PayPal just side with the buyer automatically in any dispute and it cause issues...
[/quote]
I recently lost a buyer from Portugal because they wanted to pay Paypal. They didn't have a feedback thread so I insisted three times they must pay as a gift... but they still paid normally and offered me extra money to cover the fees. I had to refund them because it's just too easy for them to claim back the money. Then they changed their mind and backed out.

That cautionary sounding sticky about 'Paypal Gift Payments' doesn't help this situation. I can't go chasing somebody overseas if they welch on a paypal deal. I'd be crazy to leave myself wide open like that.

[quote name='woodywyatt' timestamp='1470592477' post='3106962']
Thanks for the sound advice folks, I'm just going to insist on bank transfer, too much to lose! Can't believe no one in the UK has even made an offer on it yet!
[/quote]what bass are you selling?