Why become a member? ×

SOLD 1975 Fender Precision £850 SOLD

Steve A

Back for sale due to the need to buy a hollow-bodied bass for a new project at the end of the year.

Refinished in Dakota red about 20 years ago according to previous owner.

This bass sounds fantastic. A big warm sound with the included Rotosound flatwounds. The bass is clear due to the maple fingerboard but warm and full. The body is of medium weight. A very comfortable bass to play.

There is no case with this bass.

£850, collection from Birmingham or can deliver within 25 miles.

Steve

Edited by funkmunky

[quote name='lowdown' post='299217' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:21 AM']Very nice...

I notice every Fender you have comes complete with the same shirt.. :)
[Nice shirt though]

Good luck with the sale.

Garry[/quote]

Don't be daft (he says while ripping off his shirt and hurriedly putting on a clean t shirt) :huh:

[quote name='funkmunky' post='299248' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:48 AM']Don't be daft (he says while ripping off his shirt and hurriedly putting on a clean t shirt) :)[/quote]

Dont be daft......
That aint Rock & Roll

Garry

PS...
Just trying to bump your post.
That Bass needs to be sold.

[quote name='funkmunky' post='299029' date='Oct 4 2008, 12:01 AM']Wesfinn, it's reasonably heavy but not incredibly so. With a comfort strap it's been no problem for me at all.[/quote]

Played this tonight. Lovely bass and I wouldn't describe it as reasonably heavy. I would guess its around 9.5 - 10 lbs. It's certainly not heavy enough to make the weight a key factor in whether you would buy it or not.

Looks nicer in the flesh as well!!

Steve

Ha ha! I think I might try and rent a double bass for a while rather than taking the plunge and buying one. Decided to keep the Moon Jazz as it's so wonderful (I've still only used it on a couple of gigs since buying it earlier in the year...). I'm not 100% on selling the P bass but I've seen a lovely Lakland 5 string on here and I do have a 1969/70 sunburst P bass that I love and use more for live work than the red one these days. Nice to have one strung with roundwounds and one with flats but it's a bit of a luxury and... I would like a nice 5 string... Mmmmm.

Edited by funkmunky

• 1 month later...