Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1500A - SOLD!!! Thanks for your interest and support
£400

russellrw

Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

Serial number on back of head stock is (0H17054).

I realize these basses are popular on here so I signed up to place this advert.
I'd prefer not to have to sell this on Ebay and I'm hoping to connect directly with a buyer.

Realistically, I'm expecting this to go for less than £400 so I'm open to your best offer.
I'm UK based (Chester) so would prefer local collection or I'll get you a competitive quote for courier delivery. PM me for details.

I'm not a bass player myself and inherited this bass from my Dad. I'm selling to help fund my masters degree course.

Wear is mostly visible on the back of the unit and on the bottom/edge of the guitar. The front, however, is absolutely pristine and as I'm sure you are aware, it plays wonderfully. The pickups sound great with the extra boost from the EQs, I think it's very versatile for this reason.
If you'd like more photos, please ask.

I feel as though a more experienced player would make better use of this bass than me and I'm happy to pass it on now.

I've had a clean of it myself but have never done any restoration or opened up the unit to give it a real clean.

This doesn't include a case or strap.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Richard

Edited by russellrw

Hey Richard,
Welcome to BC. Nice looking bass. It's a shame I'm not a fan of Yams, as the tone isn't for me. Are you sure you don't want to take up playing? :P

TBH it's not a great time to sell basses right now. Nothing is moving fast, but I'm sure this will go sometime soon.

There is, however, a 36 hours bumping rule here.

GLWTS
Richard

Hi,

Yes, sadly I can't find the battery cover. It doesn't look as though it's been snapped off. I'm pretty sure any plastic square battery cover would fit the gap though so I believe it to be replaceable.

Due to wear on the bass and missing battery cover, now considering offers of 350 £ or less which are more realistic.

Prefer a uk buyer to ease secure collection.

Thanks for interest.

These are great basses.I bought mine in sound control in glasow around 1995 and since then its been my number 1 bass .I was looking for a fender jazz and ended up buying one of these as the playability and sound was far superior.I think ive played about 800 gigs using this bass as it has a great range of tone.Best bass for the money on here.

Here is some of the specs.

2 piece alder body
brass bridge
brass saddles
stacked alnico pickups
preamp designed by nathan east/john patitucci and used in yamahas trb range
frets are made of bell metal

GLWTS

I had one of these for a while. Beautiful sounding bass, very hi-fi sound. Typical amazing quality from Yamaha. Sounded like a much more expensive bass and at this price it's an absolute steal!!!

Hey, thanks for added info Basstards.

Price drop to £300 follows feedback from prior sales on Basschat due to superficial wear to the bass. Despite the wear, this remains an excellent item.

I am accepting offers from international buyers and will provide delivery quotes via PM upon request.

See extra set of photos here regarding the wear: [color=#000000][font=Arial][size=1]https://postimg.org/gallery/svdaq2uw/[/size][/font][/color]

Cheers for interest.

Richard