Why become a member? ×

sold

Skactus

Hey mate,

you'll need to drop the price by about £100 for a sale. not being negative simply realistic.

the mark 1 has some kudos but anyone would want and buy mk2 at the price of £500 s/h or £800 new, unless...they were a collector but unlikely.

You see, the mark 2 was a major upgrade in terms of neck stability, pups and believe it or not hipshot. the original hipshot was fraught with issues.

anyway...

good luck

andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Skactus' post='327793' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:44 PM']actually, 800€ = £650 today.... :/ but i can't drop the price anymore...[/quote]

Not any more :)

On today's exchange rates it's now about £780.

In fact a friend of mine had to buy some Euros yesterday and got less than one Euro per pound after he'd paid commission on the exchange!

Probably no longer a good time to sell to the UK if you're in a Euro currency country. However, if anyone has something over here that you'd want to ship to Europe then there's never been a better time. . .

[quote name='molan' post='359258' date='Dec 19 2008, 11:02 PM']Not any more :)

On today's exchange rates it's now about £780.

In fact a friend of mine had to buy some Euros yesterday and got less than one Euro per pound after he'd paid commission on the exchange!

Probably no longer a good time to sell to the UK if you're in a Euro currency country. [size=3][b]However, if anyone has something over here that you'd want to ship to Europe then there's never been a better time. . .[/b][/size][/quote]

... Just don't use PayPal as [u]their[/u] exchange rate scr*ws you big style!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Skactus' post='387879' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM']then u can try to find him and ask him to sign your bass... that's the difference, don't you think?... ok, maybe 1800€ is a little high...[/quote]

Billy has signed my bass!

doesn't make it worth any more, to you and me personally, yes but then I couldn't or wouldn't want to personally gain from a famous person who took the time to do this as a favour.

the market value for these basses is what it is...think how long yours is taking?? Shockwave bought a secondhand mk2 in brand new condition with shop tags still on for less than what you want for your mk1 - go figure.

Your bass is superb and I would dearly love a mk1 in red for my collection but personally even with billy's signature I wouldn't give anymore than £500.

good luck

Edited by andy67

• 1 month later...