Why become a member? ×

POSTING AN ITEM FOR SALE.

tom1946

I've got steam coming out of my ears!!
Am I the only person that spends half an hour adding multiple pics and writing a long screed then suddenly losing the entire advert because it suddenly decides to go 1 page back to the main 'sell anything' list? it's happened to me 3 times now and I've lost the whole advert each time because it won't go back to where I was.

Is there a problem with the site? or are apple macs hated? either way what's going on? I can't face doing it all again 'cos it'll probably disappear again.

and breathe....

Having wasted time and effort on multiple occasions, what I do is compose the ad in Notebook or Word (along with my pic URLs) then paste it all into the Basschat Editor for posting. Then if it goes walkies, at worst you only have to cut and paste your ad and post it again. Of course, you need to regularly save your Notebook or Word file, in case that goes ta-tas as well. :biggrin:

Edited by discreet

Good idea Discreet, never thought of that.

Ped, it usually happens while adding pics off photobucket, I copy the picture, in this case the last one :rolleyes: and as I paste the URL it just vanishes and dumps me back to the ad's page and I don't know where all my work went. I tried going back but it's not there

how do I save it as I go along??

If you spend enough time in the Posting Editor it should Autosave on a regular basis. I'm not sure how you manually save on here. I sometimes have everything go tits-up for no apparent reason and it turns out I've accidentally hit a format key or something with my giant banana fingers. But then you can't replicate the error deliberately - it's just something that happens occasionally. Computers, eh?

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1467919452' post='3087370']
Good idea Discreet, never thought of that.

Ped, it usually happens while adding pics off photobucket, I copy the picture, in this case the last one :rolleyes: and as I paste the URL it just vanishes and dumps me back to the ad's page and I don't know where all my work went. I tried going back but it's not there

how do I save it as I go along??
[/quote]

Weird - not sure what's causing that but it's not our end. Best to follow the advice above and draft it somewhere else then paste it in, I think...

Cheers
ped