Why become a member? ×

Vanderkley Aurora, EBS TD660, Glockenklang Blue Rock or Genzler Magellen 800

[quote name='Guinness21' timestamp='1471214103' post='3111361']

I'm curious how the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]410LNT is easier to move than the CN212, it's slightly heavier and shape-wise is bigger and bulkier.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
For me it is about how I lift the cab into the back of the car. The CN212 is taller than the LNT and I found myself having to lift and twist to get it in there which was really starting to hurt my back. The LNT just lifts straight in due to its squatter shape. I am sure that for others this may not be an issue but for me it really is, the CN is still a great cab but practically the height doesn't work for me with the lift. I tried 2x CN112 but couldn't get on with them so I tried the Vanderkley which I really liked.
Are you still loving your CN212?

[quote name='IanA' timestamp='1471239617' post='3111402']
For me it is about how I lift the cab into the back of the car. The CN212 is taller than the LNT and I found myself having to lift and twist to get it in there which was really starting to hurt my back. The LNT just lifts straight in due to its squatter shape. I am sure that for others this may not be an issue but for me it really is, the CN is still a great cab but practically the height doesn't work for me with the lift. I tried 2x CN112 but couldn't get on with them so I tried the Vanderkley which I really liked.
Are you still loving your CN212?
[/quote]

I sure am! Fair enough. In terms of putting it in my car I just pick it up with one hand and lay it down sideways. I always find moving 4x10's difficult by myself, end up waddling like a penguin.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='brucethebassplayer1' timestamp='1470843062' post='3108895']
Ended up getting a Vanderkley 410 combined with a Glockenklang Blue Sky. Sounds incredible. Thank you all for your comments.
[/quote]

Hello Brucethebassplayer1,

After a few months, could you elaborate a bit more on your Glock/Vanderkley stack ?

I've got a Blue soul and I'm thinking about adding a Vanderkley 4x10" to me arsenal.

Thanks

I can vouch for the build quality of the Magellan 800. It sounds good to me too although I have only really used it clean. If you want an amp with a bit more attitude then the Darkglass Microtubes 900 is worth a look, as it effectively has a couple of Darkglass pedals built in and uses the same power module as the Magellan. All these heads are excellent in their own different ways; it all depends what mix of budget and features you are looking for. I thought I read that the Aurora had been discontinued?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Shiveringbass' timestamp='1476905035' post='3158406']
Hello Brucethebassplayer1,

After a few months, could you elaborate a bit more on your Glock/Vanderkley stack ?

I've got a Blue soul and I'm thinking about adding a Vanderkley 4x10" to me arsenal.

Thanks
[/quote]

Having had the stack for a few months now, I am still very happy with its performance. The sheer clarity of the Glock head working through the Vandekley cab is astounding. I must admit i did upgrade from an Ashdown Combo before so there was always going to be an improvement. Combined with a variety of different effects, the amp has a simple preamp that i find very easy to 'dial in' when performing different genres. The band i currently play in do a range of covers from country, jazz/blue and rock so i do need something that can be versatile enough to handle all of those styles without looking out of place. If anybody was considering a new combination of amp and cab, you cant go far wrong, and if the 700watts from the Blue sky isnt enough, you could always go for the Blue Rock which offers 1000watts.

[quote name='brucethebassplayer1' timestamp='1478954015' post='3172916']

Having had the stack for a few months now, I am still very happy with its performance. The sheer clarity of the Glock head working through the Vandekley cab is astounding. I must admit i did upgrade from an Ashdown Combo before so there was always going to be an improvement. Combined with a variety of different effects, the amp has a simple preamp that i find very easy to 'dial in' when performing different genres. The band i currently play in do a range of covers from country, jazz/blue and rock so i do need something that can be versatile enough to handle all of those styles without looking out of place. If anybody was considering a new combination of amp and cab, you cant go far wrong, and if the 700watts from the Blue sky isnt enough, you could always go for the Blue Rock which offers 1000watts.
[/quote]

I've got a Blue Sky too, but with a Vanderkley 212. It's fantastic. I absolutely love the amp and even if I were to change cabs someday (not anytime soon) I can't see myself changing amps.
Last night I pushed the volume a bit. The amp just kept giving. For interests sake in soundcheck I pushed the volume to just past 3pm and it was outrageous. Needless to say the cab took it in its stride. It just kept giving the same clean, strong tone that it does so well.