Why become a member? ×

Home Recording - help a simpleton

BigBeefChief

[quote]Well I bought some stuff, but unfortunately had to deal with these clowns:

[url="http://www.dv247.com/"]http://www.dv247.com/[/url][/quote]
Curious.
I've used them several times and found them to be excellent in every way, coincidentally I actually got my copy of Cakewalk through them, very cheaply, easily, and quickly...
Guess you can never tell, eh?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='301749' date='Oct 7 2008, 09:33 PM']they hate be because I'm constantly posting their rubbish through their letterbocks when they're closed after they fill up my wheely bin with their waste.[/quote]

LOL

Do they know it's you?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='302152' date='Oct 8 2008, 01:40 PM']That's f*cking funny. You are a hard man! They could ransak your house while you're at work![/quote]

Not really.

They are not entitled to put their business waste in with my domestic waste. All I do is return it to them.

Its ususlly about 300 T-Mobile brochures that have been coated in baked bean sauce.

I quite enjoy standing in Tonbridge High Street at 8:30 in the evening in a fit of rage, individually posting them through the door.

I managed to cover pretty much the whole floor last time. Bet thats fun clearing up on a Tuesday morning.

I've just called them actually, and they do have my package.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='302168' date='Oct 8 2008, 02:03 PM']They've got you by the package!

Good luck getting it back. Let us know when you've set it all up and it wont work![/quote]

I just know it won't work.

And I have no patience whatsoever.

I have a feeling there'll be tears before bedtime.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='301749' date='Oct 7 2008, 09:33 PM']...and to make things worse, the most likely place they have delivered it to is the shop below where I live.

This is sh*t because firslty, they hut over 3 hours before I get home and secondly, they hate be because I'm constantly posting their rubbish through their letterbocks when they're closed after they fill up my wheely bin with their waste.[/quote]

I can only marvel at the possibilities of what goes on in your head....

Well, I've just got my hands on this stuff and I'm pretty sure its going back in the box and then probably into the bin.

All I want is a big red button that says "record" and then be able to drag what i record about a bit.

This peice of sh*t makes absolutely no sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it never will.

f***ing buttons and knobs everywhere. What a wind up.

£100 down the f***ing drain.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='303391' date='Oct 9 2008, 10:42 PM']Well, I've just got my hands on this stuff and I'm pretty sure its going back in the box and then probably into the bin.

All I want is a big red button that says "record" and then be able to drag what i record about a bit.

This peice of sh*t makes absolutely no sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it never will.

f***ing buttons and knobs everywhere. What a wind up.

£100 down the f***ing drain.[/quote]

Agreed, What gear did you go for maybe we can help to :)

Archetype

[quote name='charic' post='303592' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:30 AM']dont be so hasty, give the manual a quick flick and it should make sense.[/quote]

I've tried that. It's no good.

All this MIDI/Audio crap. I just want to plug my bass in and press record. Like a tape recorder but on my PC.

They have a section for quick start lessons to give you the basics. Unfortunately on the crap freebie you get, that folder is empty.

I can't even install the driver for the Audio Interface properly. Why does it need a driver? Its so simple.

2 hours last night and I couldn't even work out how to record anything to play back. Not a thing.

When did life get so complicated? Who needs all these options. Its part of the reason I hate active basses. Just 4 strings and a jack socket. Don't even care about tone or volume.

I'm having a really bad week.

Edited by BigBeefChief

[quote name='Archetype' post='303601' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:36 AM']Agreed, What gear did you go for maybe we can help to :)

Archetype[/quote]

Dunno what its called? Ableton? Appleton? Something like that.

I have a feeling I'm going to find them all as sh*t as each other though. I can't even use itunes. But itunes is for c**ts.

These things seemed to be designed for music producers. I just want to record basic songs. I tong want to twiddle knobs. I can do that on my amp.

Has technology not progressed to a stage where we can just plug things in and go?

As you can tell, I'm not the most patient of people and tend to overeact. I almost put a hammer through the audio interface last night.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='303613' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:45 AM']Dunno what its called? Ableton? Appleton? Something like that.

I have a feeling I'm going to find them all as sh*t as each other though. I can't even use itunes. But itunes is for c**ts.

These things seemed to be designed for music producers. I just want to record basic songs. I tong want to twiddle knobs. I can do that on my amp.

Has technology not progressed to a stage where we can just plug things in and go?

As you can tell, I'm not the most patient of people and tend to overeact. I almost put a hammer through the audio interface last night.[/quote]

Lol, feel sorry for the interface. which interface was it?

Archetype

[quote name='Archetype' post='303619' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:51 AM']Lol, feel sorry for the interface. which interface was it?

Archetype[/quote]

Dunno.

Its a box with a few knobs and some sockets.

The knobs don't seem to do much.

I'd try Audacity, but I just can't warrant spending any more cash on this stuff. And I'm pretty sure I won't find it simple at all.

In fact, its not even the cash. My sanity can't stand these type of things. The rage keeps me up at night causing me to come ranting and swearing on here.

I just can't understand why I need to set any parameters,twist any knobs, tick any boxes to record a four string instrument. It f***s me off so much!