Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**: USA Fender Precision Special P/J w/ DiMarzios

Sean

This is 1997 USA Fender Precision Special California Series. I replaced the original pups with a DiMarzio P and J set and the original bridge has been replaced with a high mass generic replacement that is very good indeed.

The original pups and bridge are included in the sale along with the original Fender gigbag and the gold anodized pick guard (not pictured). Through a Gallien Krueger rig this this does the Duff McKagan thing superbly and with flats on it and the P pup solo it does great Motown as you might expect.

The neck is like a slightly chunky Jazz neck, it's not as pencil thin as a Jazz but nowhere near as hefty as a '57 P - either way it's very comfortable.

It has some scratches on the back and the photo seems to have picked them up brilliantly and made them look a lot more spectacular than they actually are. :)

She was previously owned by "Paul, The" and I'm sure he'll vouch for how nice a bass this is. I'm selling as I have a new bass on the way and I'm just thinning out the collection a little. As ever you're more than welcome to try her out.

Looking for £450. Not really looking for a trade but I'll stay opened minded in case.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='BassKS' post='297692' date='Oct 2 2008, 04:29 PM']Is that a Gotoh Bridge that I see? its very similar to it and the new HMV fender bridges...[/quote]

I can't remember what make the bridge is but it's high mass, fits in the original holes and improves the sustain brilliantly. It's quite a bit chunkier than the HMV bridges and very similar to the ones used on a Sadowsky.

AAAAWWW MAN!!!
Im currently seriously gassing for a nice p bass with flats, this would be perfect for me, unfortunately im skint after having spent a load of dosh giving my jazz a makeover, bump for a great looking bass.
all the best- lee

• 2 weeks later...