Why become a member? ×

g&l 2500

mistahbenn

oK SO IT ARRIVED AT LAST FROM usa, A HONEYBURST US model, with an ebony board, super fast neck, medium weight, great action and sexy to boot.

Plugged in, all I can say is wow, its true what they say about the tone! Absolute punch factory! 4 basses in one, jazz, precision, stingray and G&L! Such diversity. Ive already recorded with it and it sounds sick, really cuts thru, lots of character. Cant wait to gig it and see the looks on the bands faces.

(sorry about the grubby finger marks, cant keep my hands off it.)

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='296749' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:33 PM']What you waitin for then Mart?[/quote]

Essential Tension's Trans Blue L2500. My MIA Jazz fretless was part of the px - which I loved but ....... I've been after an L2500 for ages.
I had a brief foray into 5'ers with a Lakky DJ5 (which is now with Mr Russ), but I hated the neck width, string spacing and 35" scale. I thought I was definately not for a 5 string but after playing a L2500 in Electro I was sold on having another go - a completely different beast to play and sounds to die for.

[quote name='martthebass' post='296791' date='Oct 1 2008, 04:06 PM']Essential Tension's Trans Blue L2500. My MIA Jazz fretless was part of the px - which I loved but ....... I've been after an L2500 for ages.
I had a brief foray into 5'ers with a Lakky DJ5 (which is now with Mr Russ), but I hated the neck width, string spacing and 35" scale. I thought I was definately not for a 5 string but after playing a L2500 in Electro I was sold on having another go - a completely different beast to play and sounds to die for.[/quote]
Yeah! I had a Laky 5502, the neck was wide, and that scale, just too long. Im thinking of thinning my collection right down to just 2, but there is a Ken Smith BT Custom that I have my eye on, ive GASEd one of those for years, sheesh, it never ends! That trans blue youre on about, has it got a flame top?

Maybe up for grabs, my 73 sunburst jazz bass..........anyone?

[quote name='martthebass' post='296791' date='Oct 1 2008, 04:06 PM']Essential Tension's Trans Blue L2500. My MIA Jazz fretless was part of the px - which I loved but ....... I've been after an L2500 for ages.
I had a brief foray into 5'ers with a Lakky DJ5 (which is now with Mr Russ), but I hated the neck width, string spacing and 35" scale. I thought I was definately not for a 5 string but after playing a L2500 in Electro I was sold on having another go - a completely different beast to play and sounds to die for.[/quote]

The G&L is a different feel of neck and string spacing to the Lakland 5s and the Fender 5s too I think. But it seems anything wider than a 4 string P and I don't like it. In fact I really prefer a 1.5" Jazz 4 style neck. So it's no 5s for me but the G&L is a very nice bass and I may have to have a L2000 one day.

Lovely finish on the one in the OP.

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='296920' date='Oct 1 2008, 06:11 PM']That trans blue youre on about, has it got a flame top?[/quote]

I don't mean to be pedantic guys, but strictly speaking it's blueburst not trans blue so it's only transparent in the middle, if you see what I mean, then bursting to black.

However, the black on the edges and the back actually looks dark purple on the right light. Very sexy.