Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My band is looking for a cellist

Weird War

Tricky one this, but my London band is looking for a cellist. I've posted ads on-line, in Greenwich (where I live) and at nearby Trinity College of Music so far, but wondered if BCers had any other suggestions?

Is there a cello equivalent of Basschat?? :) I imagine we'd get along rather well!

Anyway, any ideas appreciated.

Edited by Weird War

[quote name='Weird War' post='294999' date='Sep 29 2008, 11:40 PM']Tricky one this, but my London band is looking for a cellist. I've posted ads on-line, in Greenwich (where I live) and at nearby Trinity College of Music so far, but wondered if BCers had any other suggestions?

Is there a cello equivalent of Basschat?? :) I imagine we'd get along rather well!

Anyway, any ideas appreciated.[/quote]
Look in the Musicians Union directory of members as it will have loads of London based cellists there.. Also, try the music colleges like ACM..another way is to ask other classically trained musicians if they have any friends who are cellists; it's quite a small clique of people in the classical world, so they'll all know other orchestra players..

Hope that helps and good luck!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='295106' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:49 AM']I blame [url="http://img.vidaextra.com/2007/11/VidaExtraCelloHero.jpg"]this[/url] it just stops people from actually picking up the cello.[/quote]

Cello hero :)

Thanks for all the good ideas.

Phil, the email is sibillabandATgmail.com if your cellist is interested.

There are at least two cellists on this site - and I'm one of them. But the petrol money I'd spend coming down from Glasgow every week would mean I'd never be able to get a round in at the bar - and we all know the impact that sort of behaviour can have on a band!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='299170' date='Oct 4 2008, 10:15 AM']LOL, I'm the other one I bet! Sounds as if you're looking in the right places so one will turn up sooner or later :)[/quote]

I've got a potential cellist lined up thanks to a BC chap... fingers crossed.

Another case of this forum doing the business - cheers :huh: