Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Roadster bass SOLD

D-L-B

It's an old beast, circa 1980, but sounds great with a plethora of tones available from it. I'd like to keep it but to avoid going to jail I'm going to have to pay my council tax sharpish so it's up for sale. (although perpetual GAS still leaves me open to offers of trades for any gear).
She has a number of scratches and dings about the place due to her age so she isn't the prettiest of ladies.
[b]£150 posted[/b], includes gig bag.
Sorry about the picture quality I only had the camera phone but can get better pics if anybody needs them.

Cheers,
Dan.

Edited by D-L-B

I have one of these - it's an RS924 - not a particularly common variety of Roadster. Weighs a ton but a great-sounding bass, particularly in passive mode, & I frequently use mine for recording.

I have no idea what a reasonable asking price would be - but I doubt you'd accept what I paid for mine! :)

Apropos of nothing, Steve Bleedin' 'Arris can be seen playing one of these in the videos for [i]Run To The Hills[/i] & [i]The Trooper[/i].

Jon.

I never understand peoples reluctance to make offers on things up for sale. Is it some kind of English reservedness that restricts us from possibly offending the seller with a low valuation of their goods?
At the end of the day (I hate using that phrase), I can say a price but it's only going to be worth whatever the potential buyer wants to pay.
Have a punt!

[quote name='D-L-B' post='297927' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:56 PM']I never understand peoples reluctance to make offers on things up for sale. Is it some kind of English reservedness that restricts us from possibly offending the seller with a low valuation of their goods?[/quote]

In this instance it's simply that for your average BCer, there's no yardstick by which to gauge how much to offer. This is a pretty uncommon bass, (you won't find any in Ebay's completed listings) it's 28 years old and is by definition only worth what somebody's willing to pay for it.

And by that logic, I feel I can offer you £80 for it. :)

J.

• 1 month later...