Why become a member? ×

trying amps in or around London

project_c

I need to buy a small combo and want to test a bunch of them, is there anywhere still left where you can do this in or around London? I know the Gallery has a few bits, I know Wunjo has some things, anywhere else worth considering? I'm considering getting a Rumble 40, I don't even know if there's anything else out there in that price range even worth bothering with, but I'd like to at least make an informed decision..

I am not sure what you mean about "around London" so will throw in Andertons in Guildford. They have a dedicated bass room which is reasonably stocked and appear to have Rumbles of all types in stock.

Alternatively PMT have just opened up in Romford, which they describe as East London.

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1462104049' post='3040258']
I am not sure what you mean about "around London" so will throw in Andertons in Guildford. They have a dedicated bass room which is reasonably stocked and appear to have Rumbles of all types in stock.

Alternatively PMT have just opened up in Romford, which they describe as East London.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I meant, thanks. Anywhere up to Southend counts as 'East Hackney' these days :)
I guess that would qualify Guildford as SE London...

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1462108656' post='3040301']
Guitarguitar Epsom & bass gear twyford are both near enough to London. Though wunjos and the gallery should have enough little combos for you to find something useful.
[/quote]

Epsom is doable, Twyford is pushing it a bit! Even though they probably have the best selection..

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1462109720' post='3040314']

Epsom is doable, Twyford is pushing it a bit! Even though they probably have the best selection..
[/quote]

Yeah depends where you're traveling from,id say twyford is just as easy to get to from central as Guildford or Epsom but any of the shops should be able to sort you out.