Why become a member? ×

"SOLD" Trace Elliot V8 but 4 x 12 Cab Still for Sale

sixshooter

The time has come to part with this amp and cab, I will not split them as they belong together.

I have to admit that I am no longer a young man and my back will not take any more from lifting a V8 and 4 x 12 around. This amp has the most incredible sound ever! 400 watts of glowing valves!

It comes with flight case for the amp and cover for the cab and is in as new condition, it was owned by a very well know Bass player and went to Trace to have all mods put on the head prior to Gibson pulling the plug in the UK, I bought it from John Henry when it did not go back to the well known Bass Player, I have the invoice dated 20th Feb 2002 which is when I bought it.

Serious offers above £1700 considered, but it must be collected in person as I will not ship, and funds must clear first.

I do not want to get rid of this, however I have to face the fact that I will probably never use it again and it needs to be heard in use.

:)

Pictures added

[attachment=13985:V8_Head_and_Cab4.jpg]

[attachment=13986:Case2.jpg]

[attachment=13987:Head.jpg]

Edited by sixshooter

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='292712' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:29 PM']ooer *steadies self*

Good grief, a Strategy 400 and another V8 in the same week...

...have a bump. This is one of three owned by forum members. :)[/quote]

I think I need a stiff drink to steady myself! this is a bit like selling one of the family....only worse!

I'm going to add that this amp is pretty good as an all rounder, mine was gigged for most of the Spring. But with a Spector it absolutely kicks ass. One of those magical bass+amp combinations. Might work quite nicely for a Status as well given it and the Spector share a lot in common characterwise.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='292731' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:57 PM']I'm going to add that this amp is pretty good as an all rounder, mine was gigged for most of the Spring. But with a Spector it absolutely kicks ass. One of those magical bass+amp combinations. Might work quite nicely for a Status as well given it and the Spector share a lot in common characterwise.[/quote]

And with a Modulus OB1 it is awesome!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='292770' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:49 PM']:) but my ray'd sound good thru it to, right?

God I want a Trace V8...but I'm not allowed :huh:[/quote]
Stingray + valve amp = make big sexy time with your ears.

I am in New York. I get that you don't want to ship but I am a super-nice guy with excellent hygiene and a steady job. Just the kind of guy that you might want to RE-consider selling a fine bass amplification device to.
I could make shipping nice and easy for you or I will be in the UK come December to collect it and could pay now. I'd prefer just the head (obviously) but I only want you to be happy....it's all I've ever wanted.
Think about it :brow: I NEED a V8!
Please e-mail me!
Russ ([email protected])

Edited by sashua

[quote name='sashua' post='298229' date='Oct 3 2008, 04:50 AM']I am in New York. I get that you don't want to ship but I am a super-nice guy with excellent hygiene and a steady job. Just the kind of guy that you might want to RE-consider selling a fine bass amplification device to.
I could make shipping nice and easy for you or I will be in the UK come December to collect it and could pay now. I'd prefer just the head (obviously) but I only want you to be happy....it's all I've ever wanted.
Think about it :brow: I NEED a V8!
Please e-mail me!
Russ ([email protected])[/quote]

If its still around in December and you have the full amount of folding stuff, and you collect it then you could have it!

or happy to take the money off you now, keep it nice and warm and you can collect it in December!

If you NEED a V8, then you need THIS one as I believe it is the best one out there!

You sound like a nice guy and I do business already with a nice guy from New Your, but this is SERIOUSLY HEAVY! be warned.....

Subject to my back holding out, I will be taking this out for what could be my final use of this fantastic V8 and 4 x 12 as there now appears to be 2 interested parties on two different continents!

I will be introducing the small village pub Royal Oak, Hollywater nr Bordon to my rather large and impresive V8, (yes I know its overkill but what the heck!).

So if you are fed up with the telly and want to see one of my bands "Whatever" perform then you know where to go!

• 4 weeks later...