Why become a member? ×

Spector ReBob4

Exile252

I tried one of these earlier on today. And I was disappointed, I dunno what it was about it, but I just couldn't get to grips with the bass. The body was tiny, neck seemed out of proportion with the body, it even felt cheap tbh. Yesterday I tried a £250 bass (can't remember the name), and I felt that it played better.

I was hoping it would be so much better, and it was a very large let down. But thats probably one of the reasons I was very disapointed, that I had too high expectations of the bass.

I'll just stick with my big bodied basses (the way basses are meant to be hehe).

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='291301' date='Sep 24 2008, 10:03 PM']Horses for courses, I guess, but I'm with you. I can't get on with Warwicks and the like - feel too small.

Give me a big bass anyday![/quote]
I know what you mean, i dont get on with warwicks, it's the neck for me. Though i LOVE small basses, small and chuckable but with a nice weight, shame the tone for me is in a musicman, i may get a sterling though... hmmm

[quote name='thebeat' post='291364' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:45 PM']the plastic controls made it feel a bit cheap too.[/quote]

And that Thumb rest didnt help!! :)

I always liked Spectors, from my pro series nt to the Euro LX. And I love the Rebop I've just bought. They are tiny little bodies and Im sure look stupid on me! lol But the playability and sound do it for me everytime.

[quote name='mikeh' post='291435' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:54 AM']And that Thumb rest didnt help!! :huh:

I always liked Spectors, from my pro series nt to the Euro LX. And I love the Rebop I've just bought. They are tiny little bodies and Im sure look stupid on me! lol But the playability and sound do it for me everytime.[/quote]

That thumbrest is solid ebony...unlike the controls which are solid plastic :)

I've got a pre-2004 Rebop 5, which doesn't have the fancy finish, it's just a plain lump of alder, but the knobs are solid metal. When I got it (used) the shafts of the pots were all cracked, I suppose because the grub screws holding the knobs on were over tightened. It actually feels huge to me, but that's probably the 35" neck.

I really haven't decided how I feel about it. It plays well, but I don't think I like it being active.

Well, I played a Stingray yesterday, and all I can say is WoW!!!! It was such an awsome instrument! Sounded and felt awsome, was using it through the same amp (Trace 1215) as the Spector, and it was much nicer, it sounded so much clearer.
If my student loan wasn't going to my Room rent, I would have bought it there and then hehe.