Why become a member? ×

Marshall bass amplification?

highwayman

this is turning into a mirror thread for this http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198205-worst-amp-you-have-owned-or-had-the-luck-to-use/page__pid__3019099__st__300#entry3019099
maybe we shouldn't be slagging off a manufacturers whole range based on one or two models

Marshall have a massive slice of the guitar amps market. Bass gear is a minor off shoot for them and I don't think they want a big slice of the market. They probably know it would upset too many widdlers to be associated with something as unpretentious as bass.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1459173741' post='3014083']
As someone who came back to playing about 7 years ago, Marshall's problem seemed to be they just didn't seem interested. It wasn't gear I even considered buying when I came back to playing. They were, at that time, producing heavy, unreliable and unappealing amps and cabinets. Others were producing more appealing gear at similar or better prices.

They suffer from being regarded as a guitar amp manufacturer and to some extent the bass range being an after thought. Even now there seems to be little effort in getting EDEN 'out there'. It's a great brand with a good reputation and you can barely find it in the UK
[/quote]Eden has appeared in both my local stores this year so it seems Marshll are pushing the brand.

[quote name='highwayman' timestamp='1458948440' post='3012434']
Coming from messing with the guitar (but finding the bass is much more "me"!), I get the impression that Marshall's not much of a player when it comes to the low end? Blackstar too?
[/quote]I have heard seen in print that one of the ~Trace designers is now at Backstair and have heard, almost from the horses mouth, that the Blackstar Bass Range is in development.

Edited by Chienmortbb