Why become a member? ×

GAS. Mike Lull T4 (in white with chrome hardware)

police squad

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1457469760' post='2998929']
Bass Direct ? What like this used T4 thats just turned up there......... My weakness for basses continues and all from a few pictures!

[/quote]

I need a white one. If it was white it would now be with me

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1457370806' post='2997875']
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Looks like the normal TBird got hit with the ugly stick:

[/quote]

I think it looks better this way up. I bet it balances better too, infact my only slight gripe is that the controls are all in a line and the jack is on the side of the body. I much prefer the old school gibson look. But thats a drop in the ocean on what is otherwise a beautiful instrument.

Having said that I'd still probably go for a PT4, because neither shape loos like it would be more comfortable than a P bass :)

Edited by cocco

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1457521934' post='2999260']
I bet it balances better too, infact my only slight gripe is that the controls are all in a line and the jack is on the side of the body. I much prefer the old school gibson look. But thats a drop in the ocean on what is otherwise a beautiful instrument.

[/quote]

It makes far more sense having the jack socket on the side - when it's on the front the cable pulls against the bottom knob. Unless you don;t run it through the strap but that's just asking for trouble!

I had one of the Gibson Thunderbird NR reissues...when I had the pots changed, I had them set up three in a row.

I have a preference for right-angled jack plugs; the front jack socket didn't work for me irrespective of where the pots were. Side-jack output all the way here, cable looped around the strap lug. Tidy.