Why become a member? ×

bass tutor in nottingham wanted

budget bassist

I've recently decided i need to take lessons, i've been playing for 3 years plus but know as close as makes no difference, no theory and i'm just really bad at improvising/creating my own licks etc and i'd really love to be able to do that as some of my favourite bass styles are funk and progressive which require some real skills and knowledge of theory. If anyone is available please let me know? I refuse to not pay you! I think that if i pay for lessons there'll be more motivation for me to do it, that and anyone nice enough to help me out deserves it :)
There is a place down the road that does lessons but i thought i'd see what you lovely basschatters have to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, a friend of mine used to give guitar/bass lessons. He was based in the city centre he is currently a drummer and you can visit his bands [url="http://www.myspace.com/blindedband"]Myspace[/url], probably best to drop him a message through there. He's a good player knows all his theory, hope this helps.

BB, try Paul Dunn. He's fully conversant in all the rock school stuff and has recently taken over from me at Ashfield School (now I'm exclusively teaching in North East Lincs) as the resident guitar/bass teacher. He also only lives around the corner from you in Top Valley. 07802 860542. In fact you probably know him as Paul from the Beer Monsters/The PHD.

Rich.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='291247' date='Sep 24 2008, 07:57 PM']BB, try Paul Dunn. He's fully conversant in all the rock school stuff and has recently taken over from me at Ashfield School (now I'm exclusively teaching in North East Lincs) as the resident guitar/bass teacher. He also only lives around the corner from you in Top Valley. 07802 860542. In fact you probably know him as Paul from the Beer Monsters/The PHD.

Rich.[/quote]

Is he still doing them ive emailed him from his website and no replies?

Edited by lushuk

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

[quote name='metaltime' post='289807' date='Sep 23 2008, 10:53 AM']Hi

Im not a teacher but i dont mind having a sit down with you for an hour or 2 and going through some stuff. As for payment a pint would do.

Let me no.[/quote]
Would you still be willing to do so? I was at notts bassbash feb 09
Thanks