Why become a member? ×

Peavey tour 700

AlpherMako4

I had the less powerful Tour 450, which is pretty much identical other than power, and it was a good, solid amp, never let me down, not a particularly characterful amp, but had a very usable e.q . to me it sounded not dissimilar to my friends Ampeg pro 7 (?) amp, which cost him huge money....!!!!! Heavy buggers though by todays standards, but well built. Hope this helps a bit.

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1456766570' post='2992041']
I had the less powerful Tour 450, which is pretty much identical other than power, and it was a good, solid amp, never let me down, not a particularly characterful amp, but had a very usable e.q . to me it sounded not dissimilar to my friends Ampeg pro 7 (?) amp, which cost him huge money....!!!!! Heavy buggers though by todays standards, but well built. Hope this helps a bit.
[/quote]
I bought a Tour 450 as a backup when my mesa walkabout was away being repaired. It's ok sounds good at the bottom end but not as clean and punchy as the mesa boogie. But yeah if the 750 is anything like this one I'd recommend it.

Interesting that the DI works on 48v phantom so still works if the amp fails or the amp is switched off.

Edited by jazzyvee

Have two of them :) The second was such a good price it seemed a waste not to. At one point I also owned a Marshall VBA 400 and was able to AB the Tour 700 and Marshall with my Barefaced cabs. I no longer have the Marshall, the bass was to my hearing and taste much 'tighter' and 'controlled' with the Peavey. The weight was rather more acceptable as well. I find the Kosmos feature of no use.

• 2 weeks later...