Why become a member? ×

Bass mailer

tommorichards

I'm wondering if this forum has some sort of messenger sender system set up. Ie, there's a bass in a part of the country that says collection only, but you're too far away to travel to get it. In this circumstance, a member of this forum would pick up the bass as and when they can, then proceed to courier it to the buyer.
I only ask as there's a lovely bass down in Cobham, Surrey that's a bit too far for me to travel to and wanted to know if there's any member here from near that way that could pick it up and courier it to me in exchange for beer money?

A while ago, a fellow Basschatter helped me big time. The pedal I wanted was in the North and it was expensive, I sent him the money, he checked it and bought it, then posted it to me.

I believe more people on the forum have been helped in a similar way so yes, it could work.

Edited by PauBass

I think if someone was happy to do this then it's a really good idea. Maybe get a list of members willing to help do this for other bc members. A bit like the bc members prepared to help others in the repairs and tech section.
Hopefully folk would do this for free or maybe a minimal charge for say fuel and time.

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1456475619' post='2989317']
The idea is fine so long as nothing goes wrong...

Who ends up responsible if the courier looses or breaks it? What happens if the bass turns up and it's not as described? seller blames shipper etc... could get very messy.
[/quote]

Was just about to post the same.
I still like the idea though :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1456475619' post='2989317']
The idea is fine so long as nothing goes wrong...

Who ends up responsible if the courier looses or breaks it? What happens if the bass turns up and it's not as described? seller blames shipper etc... could get very messy.
[/quote]

Indeed this is a worry.
I think if you would use this sort of service there would have to be a few agreements made prior. If it's a trusted bc member, and there is good communication and the postage is insured then I think it could work.

Saying that I myself probably wouldn't use it to get an item myself, but if someone really really wanted something and I could help them I would be confident it would go fine, as stated there were certain safe guards and communication was excellent.

I agree with the agreements. And with good communication I don't see why it wouldnt work.
I think that the buyer would probably accept liability should something occur in transit, though the sender would be best asking the buyer how they want it packaged and getting a picture of it sent before to see if it is sufficiently wrapped.
Would it be possible to make a list of members who'd be willing to take part?