Why become a member? ×

NPD. Seymour Duncan Studio Bass compressor

Thunderpaws

Super happy. My in laws bought this for my birthday. Will have a chance to use it at rehearsal tomorrow night and have a gig at the weekend. (13th Note in Glasgow on Saturday if anyone wants a cheap night out). Will also be doing some recording soon so it'll get a right good try out. Report, and pics, to follow.

[quote name='Callumjord' timestamp='1455048495' post='2975471']
Would love to hear how it handles during a gig, I have been looking into a new compressor and this is in the top 3
[/quote]

With the blend control on board, I think it will gig with ease. I've a review on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkzxSWhPsHo

Gigged this last night. My Streamliner was providing the noise for all three bands and my mate also borrowed my bass for the first band but didn't use my pedal board. So basically my set up without the compressor and the EHX Bass Soulfood. Listening back to the recording I made of the whole night, the Studio Bass compressor did a fine job. Raised the overall perceived volume whilst adding clarity and punch to the notes. Every one of them. Highs were more sparkly. Lows were easier to make out and carried more weight to them. This pedal doesn't have led metering lights so I don't actually know how much it was compressing, but right now I don't care. It made my signal more controlled and more punchy.