Why become a member? ×

TRADED ! USA G&L L1500 (Stingray style) - £650 - Better Pics Now Up
£650

bagsieblue

NOW TRADED!

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]Up for sale or trade is my Mid 90's American G&L L1500 bass with original G&L hard case.[/size][/color][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]As nice a bass as this is it's really not going to get much use from me - lesson learnt (maybe?) on trading basses 'blind' with no previous experience.[/size][/color][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The neck is just too big for me to be able to get along with. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nut is 44 mm and I'd describe is as a P Bass C Profile.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]Very good all round condition, barely a mark on it.[/size][/color][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]Currently wearing flats and set up very well indeed.[/size][/color][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]Electrics are:[/size][/color][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][color=#353D4D][font=nerisregular][size=4]1x G&L (USA) MFD Humbucking pickups, G&L Tri-tone control system. Rotary controls for volume / treble / bass. Switches for pickup selection, active / passive & series / parallel[/size][/font][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][size=4]Case does have a small crack which I superglued and gorilla taped over to stop it getting worse.[/size][/color][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]£650 shipped in the UK - or possibly trade, most things considered.[/size][/font][/color][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Pics here[/size][/font][/color][/color]

Edited by bagsieblue

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1454864694' post='2973680']
Hi, just wondering what you mean when you say the neck is "too big" to get along with?

Cheers

Dunc
[/quote]

[s]These are well known for having pretty big tree trunk neck.[/s]
A friendly, much more knowledgeable BC'er has informed me that this is variation in the neck specs of USA G&L and that it would be more correct to say that this particular model variant has a large neck.

As I've got tiny shrew like hands - its a little too much of struggle to get on with it for a 2 hour rehearsal.

Comments here from Great British Bass Lounge on neck size - £900 for that one......:

[url="http://greatbritishbasslounge.com/product/gl-l1500/"]http://greatbritishb...oduct/gl-l1500/[/url]

Edited by bagsieblue