Why become a member? ×

New Eden Class D heads

Merton

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1453406992' post='2959315']
[url="http://www.edenamps.com/products/tnseries/amps/TN501.html"]http://www.edenamps....amps/TN501.html[/url]
My money is on the same Class D modules as we see everywhere else ;)
[/quote]

*chuckles*

What I would have loved to have seen - one of the big sells for Eden has been that third band of Semi-Parametric in the EQ section. The thing that made the WT550 great, above other amplifiers with 2 band semi'. Oh and keep with the gold livery Eden.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1453411656' post='2959385']
Ah now is that a knowing chuckle Dan... ;)
[/quote]

Well the likelihood is high, new modules are in production, meaning the 'current' versions are probably cheaper now and more likely to be used. Maybe.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1453412886' post='2959397']
I concur with both your posts :)
[/quote]

That said, they did offer a 19" rack D-Class unit previously that came and went quite quickly. The WTX seemed to hang in there longer. Maybe shrinking things to lunch box size is what the consumer wants...

I like that they kept at least two parametric mid controls. It's a function lacking in many other brands, i would love to have an extra parametric in my shuttle. Only flaw i see here (appart from that on/off compressor) is the power rating, now that the competition is lauching the 700/800W models with the nem ICE modules they may be left behind.

I still believe that if Mesa had released their new amp with the Walkabout's preamp they would have a winner.