Why become a member? ×

New Rig Day!!! (Markbass & Bergantino content)

Guinness21

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So after a looooooong time of faffing, decision making and overthinking, I went for it and bought the Markbass Little Mark Tube and the Bergantino CN 212. I play a stingray and was aiming to have a rig that was transparent and presented my bass as it was designed to sound, whilst also having a few tonal options available. It's safe to say that with this amp head and cabinet I've achieved that goal.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I love the LM Tube, until tonight though I'd only played it through Markbass cabs. I don't need to go on about how the LM Tube sounds, as both the LM III and tube versions are well respected heads around here. Needless to say I love it! I know some people argue that the tube doesn't do all that much, but I personally can hear the difference and like the slight wooliness/warmth it adds to the sound. What I love about this head is that I can select the back pickup on my stingray, run solely on solid state and maybe bring in the VPF filter a little and I cut through the mix clear as day - but I can also run the tube preamp, select the neck pickup on my stingray and turn up the VLE filter to get a surprisingly warm sound that sits in the mix nicely.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The first time I played through a CN 212 it was like my ears had been opened. My practice amps at home were fender rumble amps, and the band I used to play in had a knackered old Ashdown 4x10 combo so I'd never really played through a top cab before. I made a 3 hour trip to try a CN 212 alongside a CN410 and a Vanderkley 212MNT. I discovered that I was definitely a 12" guy, and loved the CN's tight focused low end over the Vanderkley (also why I didn't go for a HDN cab). It makes me laugh that when I was debating whether to buy one or not, I was worried that it might be playing into the back of my knees- no chance![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Tonight was the first time I've paired these two up. The LM Tube seems to just sing through the Berg cab. I tried the head through a Markbass 104HF and 121H, and the Bergantino is so much more clear sounding (the Markbass cabs seem to roll off the highs). [/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] [/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I am one very happy bunny :lol: :D[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,][/font][/color]

Congrats, nice amps the LMT, and the Berg is a quality cab. Likewise I found that Markbass cabs seem to roll off highs, doubt there will be much of that going on with the Berg, the CN212 was the runaway winner in the SE Bass Bash Cab Shootout last year.