Why become a member? ×

FS: Status Retroactive J WITHDRAWN
£825

Merton

For sale only - Status Retroactive Jazz

Built for me in 2007, this has been my rock for 8 years. I still absolutely love it but it has very much taken second string to my ACG Finn 5 since that appeared and now I have a Finn 4 as well this is likely to become even more sidelined. It's criminal for such a fine bass to be third choice and therefore despite being gutted about selling it, it is probably the right thing to do.

Specs:
Alder body, gloss black finish
Graphite neck
Hipshot tuners with D-tuner on E string
2x hum cancelling J pickups in standard Jazz position
Electronics - 18V active circuit with the following controls vol/pan/treble/bass and active/passive switch
Chrome hardware
Schaller strap lock buttons
Unbranded Hiscox Liteflight case

I'll get better pictures up later on as the body does have a few dings which need to be shown. A few months ago Rob Green gave it the once over where he replaced the jack socket, volume and pick up pan pots so electronically it is as sound as a pound.

£825 including Hiscox Liteflight case and spare set of Status Hotwires 45-105 gauge
Collection only from Horley, Surrey (near Gatwick Airport)

Edited by Merton

Top fella. Buy with confidence. I bought one of his Barefaced cabs and he delivered to me as I live close to where Martin works. I also have 2 basses with graphite necks. Really bright and zingy. Lovely mid cut thru if that's your thing.

I have no idea actually! It's a standard Status jazz bass neck which feels very similar to a Fender Jazz at the nut. I'll measure it when I get home tomorrow, and add more pictures as promised.

Paul - cheers for the kind words :)

OK so the nut appears to be 39mm or 40mm width. Some pictures of the various little dings and blemishes you'd expect form a working bass - some are hard to tell apart from the light reflections so please ask if unsure!

OK that's just a cool shot ;)

This is the main ding around the jack socket

The other side of the jack socket and the rest of the main ding

A tiny ding on the back side of the body, bridge end

Tiny scratch just above the bridge

Blemish on top horn

Some marks on the lower horn

The tiny mark on the right of this pic is a knock on the headstock

Dings on the back of the lower horn

Edited by Merton

• 2 weeks later...