Why become a member? ×

SOLD, PLEASE REMOVE

Just Bought this off Warwickhunt yesterday but have been offered an alternative today so back up for sale at the same price 45+p+p

The controls are stacked volume and pan, bass, treble and mid. The frequencies will no doubt be available on the Warwick site (it is the same 3 band preamp they fit in the basses now).

Thanks

Dave

Edited by cd_david

Do you know if this will be a drop in on a corvette standard active?

Don't know much about pre amps i'm afraid, there's no main circuit board in there but there's fancy lookin things attached to the pots.

If it's gonna be ok i'll have it off ya!

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='284515' date='Sep 15 2008, 08:58 PM']Do you know if this will be a drop in on a corvette standard active?[/quote]

To be honest Im not sure, Ill ask warwickhunt, I dont own a warwick, it was going to go into an Overwater. Ill let you know asap mate

Thanks

Dave

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='284553' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:32 PM']Cheers guys!

This is the cavity

Is the circuit board usually mounted to a post or anything on Warwicks?[/quote]

The board is already prewired to the pots etc. it isn't hard-wired to a pot as such it is just connected by wires from your pots to the board so it would be possible to rejig the board as you see fit... if you have the know how :huh:

However looking at your bass you have 3 controls rather than the 4 that are needed for the mid control. Of course if you are a dab hand with the soldering iron you should be able to easily resolder this to a stacked pot for the bass and treble... this would give you stacked vol/pan, stacked bass/treble and a mid pot. Alternatively a bit of research and you can do what you like :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='284661' date='Sep 15 2008, 11:46 PM']The board is already prewired to the pots etc. it isn't hard-wired to a pot as such it is just connected by wires from your pots to the board so it would be possible to rejig the board as you see fit... if you have the know how :huh:

However looking at your bass you have 3 controls rather than the 4 that are needed for the mid control. Of course if you are a dab hand with the soldering iron you should be able to easily resolder this to a stacked pot for the bass and treble... this would give you stacked vol/pan, stacked bass/treble and a mid pot. Alternatively a bit of research and you can do what you like :)[/quote]

I was just gonna stick another hole next to the battery cavity! Any work involving more than the odd bit of solder will be done by my local tech anyways.
So was the board just wrapped in foam loose in the cavity?

Will have to pass i'm afraid, my corvette could do with a mid control but it's not my main gigging bass anymore so don't really want to take a chance with it. Shame as it's a top piece of kit for a great price and not something i'd have trouble smuggling past Mrs. Lemmywinks!

Thanks for your time anyways chaps

Edited by lemmywinks

If I can't fix the treble pot on mine I don't suppose there's any reason this wouldn't drop in to my Fender P Lyte ? How is it likely to compare quality-wise with the factory controls ? Also (sorry for all the Qs) are the freqs a preamp operates at more fo a personal preference thing, or might one brand actually sound poor with the wrong bass that it wasn't designed for ?

ta

Tim

Tim

[quote name='timmyo' post='285101' date='Sep 16 2008, 02:58 PM']If I can't fix the treble pot on mine I don't suppose there's any reason this wouldn't drop in to my Fender P Lyte ? How is it likely to compare quality-wise with the factory controls ? Also (sorry for all the Qs) are the freqs a preamp operates at more fo a personal preference thing, or might one brand actually sound poor with the wrong bass that it wasn't designed for ?

ta

Tim

Tim[/quote]

Quality wise it potentially should be streets ahead of the factory job as the preamp alone retails at 200+ euro and I can't imagine a P Lyte would have had as high a spec pre fitted as that... I could be wrong! Either way it would be a matter of taste any way. A preamp should theoretically work with any bass but as you say the frequencies that it operates at may well suit some basses better than others but if you want something different from your P bass then I'd suggest fitting a non-Fender part might be what you want. Loads of people (inc me) have fitted Aguilar/Glock/Audere/Demeter/J East/ACG etc to there basses with no guarantee as to what the results will be but I suppose that the joy of buying used is that it isn't costing you a fraction of the new price and you can always resell it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='joe_bass' post='308525' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:43 PM']Would it be hard to wire this for a Thumb BO? Ie. currently with a 2 band EQ[/quote]

Shouldn't be too hard - stack the bass and treble and you have a similar setup to that of a Thumb NT.

Rick

[quote name='joe_bass' post='308525' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:43 PM']Would it be hard to wire this for a Thumb BO? Ie. currently with a 2 band EQ[/quote]

[quote name='rjb' post='308572' date='Oct 17 2008, 01:20 PM']Shouldn't be too hard - stack the bass and treble and you have a similar setup to that of a Thumb NT.

Rick[/quote]

As Rick says not too hard at all and added to which the Warwick shop can supply the correct stacked pot and knobs for not a huge amount of money. I saw someone on another forum selling the same 3 band pre for the equivalent of £95 + P&P IIRC the general consensus was that it was a steal at that price... makes the price I sold this to Dave for look pretty cheap!