Why become a member? ×

Tecamp Puma 900

KingPrawn

Hello
I really like the look of these powerful little amps. My question is if I buy the 900 which is 900 @ 4ohm. Will it work with my 2) 2x10 berg cabs, which are rated at 8ohm. The 900 head has just one speakon output so I'm unsure of how I will connect it all up. Do I need a special lead?

Cheers all

I had one of these for a while and they are very cool amps. I was running it with 2 Berg HD112's which are both 8 Ohms and it sounded immense, just use a speaker lead to connect the head to one cab then use the through on the back of one of the speakers to link it to the other with another speaker lead and you are good to go.

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1451550226' post='2941365']
I had one of these for a while and they are very cool amps. I was running it with 2 Berg HD112's which are both 8 Ohms and it sounded immense, just use a speaker lead to connect the head to one cab then use the through on the back of one of the speakers to link it to the other with another speaker lead and you are good to go.
[/quote]

+1, I run 2 x Baer ML112s (each 8 Ohm) with the same setup. The Puma 900 is a terrific lightweight head, especially the 'taste' knob which allows a quick dial-in between raw and tubby tone on stage.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='KingPrawn' timestamp='1451549795' post='2941362']
Hello
I really like the look of these powerful little amps. My question is if I buy the 900 which is 900 @ 4ohm. Will it work with my 2) 2x10 berg cabs, which are rated at 8ohm. The 900 head has just one speakon output so I'm unsure of how I will connect it all up. Do I need a special lead?

Cheers all
[/quote]

Just daisy chain the cabs, assuming at least one of them has two speakon connectors.