Why become a member? ×

GONE: Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass, red, £550
£550

nige1968

[attachment=208159:IMG_0508.jpg]

Loads of high-res pics: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5aukt3owhzey9lc/AAD3rrvOY23tWtXp_CWBwKnZa"]https://www.dropbox....3tWtXp_CWBwKnZa[/url]

Here's a 2009 Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass in Fiesta Red at a bargain bin price (though see below***). No mods, no crackles, strung nice and low, and the relic nitro finish is well classy innit. Neck pocket is tight as a gnat's chuff and it has been set up with Ernie Ball 40-95s by Mr Goodfellow of this parish.

I used this as my main gigging bass during a spell of chronic fatigue, stupidly easy to play and no worries about damaging the finish. After three or four years I'm on the mend and back on a 5-string fretless.

*** It's a slight second -- the sharp-eyed among you may have already spotted that the body has 1970s pickup spacing, with the bridge pickup positioned a few millimetres closer to the bridge than on 1960s models. This is reflected in the price, which is at least £100 less than average second-hand value.

I've opened it up -- please check the markings in the high res pics -- and have no doubt that it's the real thing. I can only assume that someone at Ensenada picked up the wrong body for the relic treatment and didn't notice. Who knows, it might even become a valuable one-off ;-)

That aside, this has everything you want from a Jazz Bass. The build quality is excellent, it plays lovelyly and sounds nice too.

The bass is in Hove -- inspection welcome. I'll post at extra cost (to be discussed with the buyer). You can have it in a cheapo gig-bag or, if I can prise it out of the loft, the stinky horrid tweed-covered hard case it came to me in.

Do ask questions or chime in if you like, especially if you can shed any further light on this one's, erm, uniqueness.

Sorry, but to protect myself from expense, hassle and paranoia, I'm not willing to ship outside the UK. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by nige1968

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1451342928' post='2939782']
You don't need a wonderful 5 string Breedlove do you?
[/quote]

Hmmmmmm post-Christmas credit crunch so probably not but feel free to post a pic just in case :)