Why become a member? ×

Tom Clement "Anne" - the prototype: NEW PRICE!!!
£1200

bassmayhem

I have come to a decision to sell my beautiful Tom Clement "Anne" that I got in a trade with Mr Walker earlier this year. Why? Well, I found myself a six string Dingwall Prima bass that gets all my attention, so this beauty goes. I attach a link to the builder's website where he describes the making of this particular bass:

[url="http://www.clementbass.com/2014/01/the-clement-singlecut-anne-chambered-bass/"]http://www.clementba...chambered-bass/[/url]

I'll try to describe how the bass feels to me...
The neck is slim in a nice manner, with a rather flat profile. Mahogany and bubinga if I remember correctly. Ebony board. Body is a single piece of swamp ash with a Spanish cedar top. The neck is offset from the body centerline to make the bass good to play sitting as well as standing. The balance and weight is - well - I'd use the expression zero gravity...

The tone... Talk about tone is like dance about architecture, but I give it a try: imagine something between a P-bass and Anthony Jackson's tone with the single Bartolini humbucker, and an acoustic guitar an octave lower with the piezo. Kind of Nathan East[i]-ish[/i]! Mix and match, or either or...

There has been a Roland GK-3B pickup mounted on it, also a ramp (that got lost), hence some visible small screw holes. I attach some pic's of my own...

No downside? Well - one. The electronics isn't that well planned. I've had the intention to rewire it to get it to work better. Why? Simple! The magnetic pickup and the piezo are buffered into a Stellartone Tonestyler. That won't do. The Tonestyler is a passive instrument's gadget. Since the buffer is set BEFORE the Tonestyler it makes nearly no difference. My plan was either to remove the Tonestyler or wire it after the Bart but before the buffer. However, a nice Dingwall got in the way, so I haven't done anything. This means the buyer can do as (s)he wants: pull the Tonestyler out and put in another bass - that's what I really would have done - or have the thing rewired. As is now the Piezo is a bit "unreliable"; it works fully, but not always, due to the wiring.

The Roland hex pickup comes in the package. The bass is delivered in a Protec Contego case/bag. D'Addario strings played on one gig by me, a player without handsweat. Dunlop Straplock system.
This is a very nice instrument that needs a good home and to be played and loved...
More pic's on demand via PM.

Only trade that may interest me is a Dingwall NG-2, the wilder the colour, the better...

Good continuation of the holiday season,
//Roger

Edited by bassmayhem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

53-54 mm@ nut
86-87 mm @ 12th fret
90 mm @24th fret

90 mm spacing @ bridge = 18 mm string to string (I didn't check spacing @ nut, but rather "Jazz Bass-ish"...)

Neck thickness @ nut: 19 mm, c:a
Neck thickness @ 12th fret: 20 mm, c:a

I've had a Yamaha JP2, and that s.o.b. was really, really big in comparison. This bass feels very slim and "delicate" in your hands. A nice bass that responds well to touch and style.

//Roger

Edited by bassmayhem

I got some more pic's if anyone is seriously interested. Just PM your e-mail address and I'll send full resolution pictures.
Yep - 34" and a very slim and nicely profiled neck. 18 mm spacing.

Also - I accept trades, since I've taken care of my G.A.S. Offer me something nice, something I can't refuse...

Edited by bassmayhem

• 3 weeks later...