Why become a member? ×

My basses and other animals!!!

lee650

Hi everyone
most people have seen this, but my Little girl Evie lily is now 6 months and i have a departure (NS Design WAV EUB, couldnt get me head round it) and a new arrival, so i thought id show everyone my basses as ive really enjoyed everyone else's threads, hope you like it and keep showing me your collections everyone :lol:

1982 JV SQUIER JAZZ- AKA -LARRY

Ive had this bass for a very long time, i bought it 15 years ago when i was a pup of 19years old from a little shop called mckays in the west end of newcastle from a very dour man :lol:. Id recently discoverd Marcus Miller and decided i had to have a jazz bass so id sound just like him :unsure:, i saw this in the shop as i walked to college and decided it was worth being late for my Aural perception class to play on this vision of fendery goodness, so i plugged it in and promptly fell in love, it was so comfortable to play and had that lovely hollow slap sound, so i struck up a deal with the shop owner to swap a fender strat and a hohner fretless bass for the jazz and enough cash for some new strings, lo and behold when i turned up the following day (after college) the owner had promptly sold the jazz to someone else :huh: .
I forgot all about it, and about six months later im walking past the shop and i saw it in the window again, although it had been severly abused it was clearly the same bass, the lovely torty scratchplate had been replaced by a crap homemade white one and the b*****d had taken a sander to the headstock and destroyed the lovely squire logo leaving nothing but a dirty rough space were they tried to put a fender sticker :huh: :huh: .
so i finally got hold of the jazz and returned it to its former glory ,Howard satterly( the bass doc) at the bass place got an original tortie one and although he couldnt get an original squire logo so he put a nice 60,s era fender one on and refinished the headstock. Unfortunately i did go through a phase of mucking about with it to get Marcus sound :) so i put a badass 2 on it and replaced the lovely original pickups with Emgs and put a circuit in, it still sounded great though and its been all over the world with me, im currently giving it a makeover ive had it fret dressed, a new nut and nordstrand nj4,s for it.(i still wont sound like Marcus though!!!)
Ive seen a few old squires turn up for sale of late and can highly recommend them, but my bass was fated to be mine and ill keep it forever.
[attachment=13352:P9070003.JPG][attachment=13353:P9070004.JPG][attachment=13354:P9070005.JPG][attach
ment=13355:P9070006.JPG]

2003 WARWICK STREAMER JAZZMAN 5- AKA THE BEAST
ive always loved the look of streamers and ive had a few diffrent ones over the years,when i first heard warwick were bringing this model out i just had to have one, The sounds of a musicman and a jazz bass on a Spector/streamer body all my faves in one bass.
I bought it new from sound control in newcastle, and when it arrived from MAD it had a knackered volume pot and the jack socket crackled like mental ( two thumbs down for warwick quality control) so i promptly had it fixed and it sounded fantastic, mind you it doesnt sound anything like a musicman or a jazz , it has a little of thier flavour but it has its own sound with the warwick growl we all love/hate. really versatile instrument and ive used it in many musical situations, it has a big chunky neck which im not crazy about but you really dont notice it after a while especially as it sounds so good.
[attachment=13356:P9070008.JPG][attachment=13357:P9070009.JPG][attachment=13358:P9070010.JPG][attach
ment=13359:P9070011.JPG]

2003 MUSICMAN STERLING- AKA RITA
Ive only recently got this in a very fortuitous trade with our very own Warwickhunt, shes had a few basschat owners and im hoping once again it is fated to stay with me as i think its a cracker, one piece ash body in cherry burst, maple neck and matching headstock, it has a nordstrand pickup fitted which is very fat sounding but has a great top end too(helped by the maple neck i think) its a complete slap machine and i love it to bits, ive always been a fan of the musicman sound but never owned one till now and look forward to gigging it very soon. i have recently added a vintage pearl scratchplate i purchased from rowbee and it looks great
[attachment=23246:P2120148.JPG][attachment=23247:P2120149.JPG][attachment=23248:P2120154.JPG]

2004 CIJ FENDER 62 RI PRECISION - AKA RUSTY
My newest aquisition, in Fiesta red, bought from a fellow basschatter , it has a fantastic neck and has recently been restrung with D,addario chromes and set uo to perfection, it has a kent armstrong pickup which is ok but ill eventually put a seymour duncan in , also i think a hipshot vintage bridge and tuners are in order, sounds lovely though, after 19 years of playing its my first P i guess im growing up!! that thumpy sound is just so great, cant wait to gig it
[attachment=23249:P3280090.JPG][attachment=23252:P3280084.JPG][attachment=23251:P3280091.JPG][attach
ment=23250:P3280089.JPG]

EVIE LILY MUIR
I originally wrote this thread while anxiously awaiting the birth of my daughter, and found it very therapeutic, shes now 6 months and the most precious thing ever im very proud.
[attachment=23253:P3120070.JPG][attachment=23254:P9240008.JPG]
Just thought id share my newer babies :o

Hope ive not bored you all with my first novel,they arnt posh boutique types and not necessarily expensive (well the warwick was) but they are mine and i love em!!!! you may have noticed my cats keep getting in the photos, they are terrible little poseurs, please feel free to post your bass pics/intros on here.
thanks for reading everyone- LEE

Edited by lee650

Hey steve
cheers mate, im very fond of it, im looking forward to getting the nordys and aguilar fitted, might get it back to its original sound but with a bit more oommpphhh, nothing like a jazz bass i love em all, definately need to add a nice precision to the lineup though, with flats :)
lee

Hi Lee some little crackers there. The Jazz is a beauty.

Nice collection there mate.

How much did the EUB set you back? It's something I might be looking at moving into when I'm more flush with cash.

Oh by the way......I've now got the Multicomp box and spare screws at home, so I'll either pop them in the post or bob up next time I'm in Bolton.

Cheers,
Pete.

P.S. All the best when the bairn arrives :)

Hi pete
cheers mate, i think i paid about £700 for it. i was really pleased at the time as they had not long been out and wasnt sure id get one without going to the bass centre, i saw an advert online for promenade music selling them and as morcambe about a 40 min drive i gave them a call, when you lookat the pics of the wav online they dont do them justice, i actually wanted a red one but was told there would be a six week wait, gary had an amberburst one in stock, or he could get a black one with a couple of weeks wait!, i decided to go down and try it out, and if i liked it id prob wait for a red one, well when i got there the amberburst is much nicer in the flesh, very classy looking! played it through a markbass rig and it sounded great, i even noticed it had the upgraded stand at no extra cost, so id be daft not to get the amberburst one :) .
I did pop back to promenade about six weeks later and he had a black one in, totally the opposite looks fantastic in the pics not as good in the flesh, and the normal stand is not too great, if your in the area mate your more than welcome to pop round and have a blast, i do believe they are a bit cheaper these days so gary may be able to do a good deal.
feel free to pop round anytime mate- lee

Nice collection there mate.

How much did the EUB set you back? It's something I might be looking at moving into when I'm more flush with cash.

Oh by the way......I've now got the Multicomp box and spare screws at home, so I'll either pop them in the post or bob up next time I'm in Bolton.

Cheers,
Pete.

P.S. All the best when the bairn arrives :huh:

Ha ha
Thanks for the kind words everybody, we dont know what we are having yet, i did put Geddy to my wife also otiel, abraham, marcus and pino but she,s having none of it :huh: apparently they arnt suitable names for a girl!!!!!
sorry if i seemed to be rambling just a bit anxious at mo and found writing about my basses very therapeutic.
cheers everyone- lee

If it's a boy please call him Geddy! I am currently enjoying baby! Good luck :)

Many thanks, im sure your right, weve just enjoyed possibly out last weekend as a single unit, thats why im up late, im not going to work tomorrow as have holidays booked, cant wait now, need to see the little and know what it is.
here's to fatherhood and woody string things- lee

Be ready for the next 6 weeks to turn into one big mush. I have just fed number three and I'm off to bed. All the best mate. You will love it!

Hi josh
check out the lightweight, compact amp thread, its there!!, also check out the EBS proline 4x10 for sale i n the amps thread, highly recommended if your back can handle it, it,ll go great with your 2x10 ( thats what i wanted to do)
keep groovin mate- lee
Nice stuff mayyyyte!

Though where are some pics of your amp Lee :)

[quote name='lee650' post='284026' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:58 AM']Hi josh
check out the lightweight, compact amp thread, its there!!, also check out the EBS proline 4x10 for sale i n the amps thread, highly recommended if your back can handle it, it,ll go great with your 2x10 ( thats what i wanted to do)
keep groovin mate- lee
Nice stuff mayyyyte!

Though where are some pics of your amp Lee :)[/quote]

Ian offered it to me but it would be just as heavy as the Eden so it's not a good idea.

[quote name='lee650' post='284031' date='Sep 15 2008, 01:14 AM']Yeah i know what you mean, sound to die for though, the days of the big rigs are numbered (thank god) :)[/quote]

2 2x10's are really all I need, and I prefer playing through the 2x10 itself instead of having the Eden plugged in as well, it just sounds so focused.

Edited by Josh

HA HA :)
Thanks mate, many congratulations on your new arrival, im trying to store sleep, not working mind you!- all the best -LEE

My first baby is 4 weeks old this week and I have no idea what day of the week it is, and i'm barely operating on the amount of sleep i'm getting. Enjoy!

No mate, still waiting, a week overdue now, driving us both mad with anticipation, mmm Rhonda!! cool!!! thanks very much for your kind wishes- lee
Ps i was thinking of announcing i want to by a P bass that might set her off :)

So how's li'l Geddy/Rhonda goin??? Or hasn't he/she arrived yet????? ;-) congrats if the arrival has er.. arrived!