Why become a member? ×

Look for basschatters bands in your area

charic

Hey guys just had this thought. I know of a few basschatters in the area however I've not met with any and only contemplated gigging with one. Since were spread out across the UK this could be a great opportunity to get gigs elsewhere if your in need of a support act or headliner.

So heres the idea, post a link to a myspaz page or similar

If you dont have recordings describe the type of music (and possibly explain the lack of recording)

State your area

State whether you think you should be headlining or support

State whether you need others

Possibly post a band picture

If you want another band PM that band member and discuss via PM so as not to fill the thread.

I'll go first:

Band: Scream In Unison
Myspaz: www.myspace.com/screaminunison
Area: [b]Cambridgeshire[/b] but willing to travel
[b]SUPPORT[/b]

Theres no recording yet because I simply havnt got around to anything and the last attempt has no singer or bass. If interested I can email a copy of that.
Were a heavy rock band sporting an excellent female singer. Were heavily influenced by metallica, offspring, foo fighters etc etc etc.
Were only at the 30minute set stage at the moment so were definately a support act for the time being

[attachment=13348:band.JPG]

Band(s): Alauna | Her Silent Silhouette | [untitled jazz band]
Genres: Rock/Metal www.myspace.com/alaunaband | Math metal/hardcore punk/emo | acoustic jazz (dbass, guitar, percussion, vox, piano)
Area: Chester
support

can also get together a mostly original acoustic folk/pop set with 2-3 people pretty quickly

Edited by Oscar South

Ofcourse we could also organise a mass gig as an afterthought. This is an attempt to get really going as a band as my bands lazyness at times is p*ssing me off and I want to gig more but dont have enough songs to fill a full set. If anyone is willing to come to cambridge/peterborough/huntingdon i could try to sort something as I used to organise gigs round here.

[quote name='charic' post='283754' date='Sep 14 2008, 04:48 PM']Ofcourse we could also organise a mass gig as an afterthought. This is an attempt to get really going as a band as my bands lazyness at times is p*ssing me off and I want to gig more but dont have enough songs to fill a full set. If anyone is willing to come to cambridge/peterborough/huntingdon i could try to sort something as I used to organise gigs round here.[/quote]

We would be up for that :)

Good idea

Brilliant idea!

Band: Foolish Earthlings
Site: [url="http://www.foolishearthlings.com"]www.foolishearthlings.com[/url]
Area: London (headline or main support)
Outside London (support)
Genre: Funk (can/have supported/headlined Hard Rock, Soul, Jazz, Dance, Singer-Songwriter, Indie acts)

Looking for gig swaps with bands from outside London - anywhere, really. With any genre except metal - we're not heavy enough for that and venues here tend not to mix metal with other genres, so wouldn't be a viable swap.

Would not be able to draw any kind of crowd outside London, realistically speaking, with the exception of a handful in Manchester, Bournemouth, Leicester, Nottingham, Swindon.

Should explain what I mean by gig swap: we book a gig here in London at one of the toilet circuit venues and persuade the promoter to put you on even though you won't generate much of an audience (we'll bring in a big enough audience to cover it), while you do the same thing for us in your area. Anyone up for that?

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='YouMa' post='284022' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:49 AM']I am marooned in suffolk i thought i was the only bass player in suffolk (Apart from Bill Wyman).Anyway i currently have a label interested project going on at the moment and i am looking for Nude female band members with large breasts.Any interest P.M. me.[/quote]
Yes, I'm in. Oh, you said female, sorry.

Edited by johnnylager

Good plan!

Band: Bib Fortuna
Type: Pub Rock Covers (G&R, Jimi, Bryan Adams, BonJovi etc etc etc, the usual stuff)
Can do up to 3hrs straight, but usually have a break in the middle. V good if you want an evening of rock after an original set.

Will get some tracks up on myspace once I get the lads into a studio.

This is a good idea!!

Band - Veils
Genre - Metal
Area - Manchester
Webby - www.myspace.com/veilsband

If you go to youtube and search "Veils Zavvi" there are a few live vids of us up there.

We are really keen on sorting a midlands show out as a Nottingham based label are interested in us, so if anyone can help on that front that would be great. We need a good support slot ideally, we are pulling in about 200-300 a show in Manchester but I doubt we would do that elsewhere.

We would be able to offer a show for any band who can fix us up something tasty :)

[quote name='charic' post='283754' date='Sep 14 2008, 04:48 PM']Ofcourse we could also organise a mass gig as an afterthought. This is an attempt to get really going as a band as my bands lazyness at times is p*ssing me off and I want to gig more but dont have enough songs to fill a full set. If anyone is willing to come to cambridge/peterborough/huntingdon i could try to sort something as I used to organise gigs round here.[/quote]
hmm sounds interesting

Band: Misguided
genre: rock/classic rock
Myspace: no, not yet
Area: south east london, but have travelled to lincolnshire to do gigs
probably support but we have only done 2 hour gigs on our own so far. (though we are having a crisis of vocals at the mo)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/thestanton"]ARCH STANTON[/url]

Norwich / East Anglia
I can't ever find a pidgeon hole to fit us in, but I guess it's high energy rock.
Could headline shows around Norwich area, but would always prefer to support a local act when we're out of town.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/draglineband"]DRAGLINE[/url]

Norwich / East Anglia
Progressive, melodic heavy rock / metal.
Could headline shows around Norwich area, but would always prefer to support a local act when we're out of town.

Cheers, good thread Charic!