Why become a member? ×

I want a new amp GAS

Thunderbird

Been having some bad amp gas lately :( I currently am using one of those big heavy 450W Behringer amps and it sounds great :) but I just fancy a change I dont gig but may do in the future? and also have great neighbors who let me crank out my bass as loud as I want within reason time wise :)

I have has a TC BH250 which was not for me and also a combo that I did not like atm I am using a Warwick 4X10 cab which I really love it runs at 8 ohms

so really my question is what would be a good amp head to look out for to go with my cab when the time comes I will be looking to buy used and will have maybe £200 to spend or do a trade in :)

Edited by Thunderbird

Not sure price wise and i'm not a huge fan of them but Hartke HA3500 or bigger amps might suit you. I'm currently using a Markbass combo and like the warmer sound. Other options might be Gallien Krueger amps altho they can be a bit clinical. My fav amp is my Ampeg SVT4Pro with Bergantino HT322 which is the dogs bollocks but daft money even 2nd hand. Had a Warwick amp which was pretty good and they can be picked up 2nd hand at pretty reasonable prices. Not as clinical as GK amps and you do get valve pre-amp versions as well as transistor output versions. Also had a Genz Benz Streamliner 600 which had valve pre-amp and had a nice warm feel to it and lightweight too. Worth a look. Hope that little lot helps. Dave