Why become a member? ×

If anyone's interested...

Behlmene

On Internet forums, there are certain patterns. One widespread pattern is that of people becoming a forum member and soon after introducing themselves and maybe starting a generic thread or two that doesn't demand anything from them, they'll talk about an unknown product that someone thinks needs a boost.

Now happily I'm not a very sceptical person, so I believe that exactly this pattern is purely coincidental, and that no social engineering or viral marketing is ever involved in any of its occurances.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1448661344' post='2917327']
On Internet forums, there are certain patterns. One widespread pattern is that of people becoming a forum member and soon after introducing themselves and maybe starting a generic thread or two that doesn't demand anything from them, they'll talk about an unknown product that someone thinks needs a boost.

Now happily I'm not a very sceptical person, so I believe that exactly this pattern is purely coincidental, and that no social engineering or viral marketing is ever involved in any of its occurances.
[/quote]

Wow, hopefully I didn't give the impression I was trying to sell anything. I've got nothing whatever to do with Jammit (aside from being a customer). I just like this product a lot and have learned a lot from it. I thought it might be useful to others too.

Thanks for your response.
Re-reading what I wrote, I think I came across more grumpy and less humourous than I intended. My aim was mostly to be open about the possibility of viral marketing, without concluding, and to make you aware about our possible response, but also to possibly make other people aware who are on mobile platforms and who cannot see the post count and membership date.

I hope you're straight and honest, and in case apologise for the inconvenience.

Bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1448667594' post='2917386']
Thanks for your response.
Re-reading what I wrote, I think I came across more grumpy and less humourous than I intended. My aim was mostly to be open about the possibility of viral marketing, without concluding, and to make you aware about our possible response, but also to possibly make other people aware who are on mobile platforms and who cannot see the post count and membership date.

I hope you're straight and honest, and in case apologise for the inconvenience.

Bert
[/quote]

No hard feelings on my end Bert, hopefully not on yours either. You are right to be skeptical, and I realize this after reading your reasons for being so. I suppose I just didn't think how it might look, me being a newbie and touting a relatively unknown product. I assure you though - I am completely on the up and up. I'm just here to enjoy the banter and to contribute something if I can.

-Scott :)

Hey, well done for being open and honest, Scott, and I'm glad you enjoy the app. There's always going to be some skeptisism when money's involved (i.e. parting with it). $5 a track is much more than I pay for sheet music and digital downloads etc. but if it works for you and others find it helpful then that's what the forum is about - spreading the news of all things bass related!

[quote name='philparker' timestamp='1448671043' post='2917408']
Hey, well done for being open and honest, Scott, and I'm glad you enjoy the app. There's always going to be some skeptisism when money's involved (i.e. parting with it). $5 a track is much more than I pay for sheet music and digital downloads etc. but if it works for you and others find it helpful then that's what the forum is about - spreading the news of all things bass related!
[/quote]

Thanks Phil. Boy am I sorry I opened up that can of worms. Hate to admit it but I can be kind of naive about some things. Live and learn.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1448671953' post='2917410']
Five bucks a song? I think I'll carry on the way I've been going thanks
[/quote]

I guess it's kind of steep considering you can download songs from Amazon for about a buck thirty. Those don't enable you to isolate the bass track, but if you're sharp (and I'm sure you are) you don't need the extra help. I admire your ability. Truly, I do :).

[quote name='Behlmene' timestamp='1448684608' post='2917424']
Well yeah, it had to come from [i]someones[/i] stash.
[/quote]

why so? if you were compiling something where you were asking 5$ for a song download as a profitable ongoing business i would start by researching what would be the most likely and popular tracks rather than my personal preference

[quote name='Behlmene' timestamp='1448669928' post='2917399']
No hard feelings on my end Bert, hopefully not on yours either.
[/quote]

Oh no, Scott. Far from it. No worries.
I just failed to convey my state of mind, which was not unfriendly, and my (wry? - don't really know what that word means) smile.

best,
bert

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1448701135' post='2917463']
why so? if you were compiling something where you were asking 5$ for a song download as a profitable ongoing business i would start by researching what would be the most likely and popular tracks rather than my personal preference
[/quote]

And maybe that's what they did. They might have looked at the market of possible interested users and decided classic rock players would be the most profitable venue. Classic rock isn't always easy to decipher. Classic rock players might be willing to shell out a few bucks for some help. Let's concetrate on a playlist that will make us some money.

Edited by Behlmene

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1448742907' post='2917869']
Oh no, Scott. Far from it. No worries.
I just failed to convey my state of mind, which was not unfriendly, and my (wry? - don't really know what that word means) smile.

best,
bert
[/quote]

It's all good, isn't it? Best of intentions on both sides I've no doubt. Looking forward Bert, to reading and responding to your future posts.

Edited by Behlmene