Why become a member? ×

Westone Raider hair metal bass on Gumtree - £100!

I remember them well! Just shows how the price of vintage MIJ stuff has plummeted - a few years back this would've been £200+, this one's been relisted a few times with ever-decreasing prices.

I do love these mad old Westies, I've always hankered a little over the Dynasty (sort of a deranged Flying V) in 2-tone glitter. Love the bottle-opener headstock on this one though.

A very bad part of me would like to turn up for a Jazz gig with one of these. :D

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1445701810' post='2893589']
I remember them well! Just shows how the price of vintage MIJ stuff has plummeted - a few years back this would've been £200+, this one's been relisted a few times with ever-decreasing prices.

I do love these mad old Westies, I've always hankered a little over the Dynasty (sort of a deranged Flying V) in 2-tone glitter. Love the bottle-opener headstock on this one though.

A very bad part of me would like to turn up for a Jazz gig with one of these. :D

Jon.
[/quote]

Like your style, and it be worth it just to see the faces, particularly on a dep!

I had one of these as my first ever bass. I bloomin' loved it and it broke my heart having to sell it. It's actually the same price I paid for mine back in 1987.

I was sort of half tempted with this and my wife even asked if I wanted it, bless 'er. But it's too far away and I really don't need it. If It was the one I had to sell then I would definitely have it, though.