Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Combustion III SOLD
£900

krispn

***BASS HAS NOW SOLD***

This is a SALE ONLY as I have to replace my computer. Please don't offer me your computer as a trade :)

**Pictures attached at the bottom**

Got this 3 colour sunburst/rosewood neck'd beauty recently in a trade but its a bit too modern for my old ears. I'd initially thought it would compliment my P5 and while it does I find myself gravitating back to the P sound! The ear wants what the ear wants and I can happily live with the P5.

This is a great sounding bass which has a 4 way selector giving: J bridge sound, MM type sound, mid forward MM type sound (basically series and parallel humbucker tones) and a P neck sound but all with the Dingwall touch. This is combined with a 3 band EMG pre amp (Bass, Mid, Treble) and an active/passive on/off switch. The EQ frequencies are set at[list]
[*]Bass 20hz (+/-12db)
[*]Mid 1khz (+/-10db)
[*]Treble 7.5khz (+/-12db)
[*]
[/list]
I've been using this bass in a choir which covers everything from soul and motown to modern chart tunes and it can handle all styles in it's stride. The scale length isn't a problem especially if your familiar with a 35" scale and the fanned frets are a cinch - you really don't notice after a few minutes.

What is noticeable is the clarity and power of the B string, all the strings really. The bass sounds massive and clear and at a wedding gig last weekend I really noticed the added oomph into my 212 cab. Made the 35" Super P 5 sound 'muddy' in comparison...well kinda ;)

The bass is really well built, very comfy - think more J style neck than P and you're in the correct ball park - and massive tone.

It's important to note that the neck pick up can be moved back a bit in the route to the 'Nolly Getgood' NG-2 position - the bass is pre-routed as both the NG-2 and combustion share the same basic body shape. If you did this you would need to get another pick guard to accommodate it. See pic's attached.

If you're interested and in Edinburgh come try it out. I will ship but the buyer is responsible for courier/insurance etc. I'll pack securely in a box and have it ready for collection.

Cheers for looking and feel free to PM any questions.

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Combustion Series III Specifications:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]New Dingwall 'Made in Canada' FD3n Neodymium pickups[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]EMG USA BT07 3-band pre-amp [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Dingwall USA strings - [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Alder body - 3 tone sunburst[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Rosewood Fingerboard with rolled edges - 37 - 34" scale[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Bone nut[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Banjo frets[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
[color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]NOVAX® FANNED-FRET SYSTEM™ (see below)[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Five piece maple neck - truss rod adjustment now at body end[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Controls - active/passive switch and new CTS pots, volume, pickup selector (Bridge, both parallel, both series, Neck), treble, mid, bass.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Select hardware[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[*]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][color=#B71A15][size=3]•[/size][/color][size=3]Manufactured in China with f[/size][size=3]inal set up at Dingwall Shop in Canada[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[/list]

Edited by krispn