Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Octamizer pedal

funkyjimbob

Hi!
Whilst setting up at a gig last night I noticed no power was showing for any of the effects on my pedalboard although the power supply was showing power. After investigation it would seem that when my Aguilar Octamizer pedal is introduced into the power supply, it kills the power to every other pedal. It is not in a daisy chain and is connected via a 9v input into my PSU via it's own socket. As soon as it is removed from the PSU all the other pedals have power again. I have tried the pedal on its own and it still does not draw any power and the led does not come on.

Knowing very little about these things I am asking if anyone knows what may have happened or if my pedal is repairable? I'm a bit gutted as it's a reasonably pricey pedal and I only bought it last month on here!

Thanks

Your power supply lead has two contacts - the bit on the outside and the inner bit. One of these will be positive and the other negative, just like on a battery. When it comes to pedals there is no standard as to whether the middle bit should be positive or the outer bit. They can differ. Usually your power supply will have a "polarity" switch, or you can somehow switch the cable round. Look at your pedal and there should be a diagram either next to the power socket or printed on the label, that should tell you which way round the power should go.

I'm guessing here that maybe the pedal that is giving you problems needs the power the other way round to your other pedals

Sounds like it's broken then. I'd still check the polarity on the pedal as there is a fair chance that you might have blown it by accidentally connecting the power the wrong way round (and avoid repeating it if/when you get it repaired).

If that is the case, hopefully it should be relatively easy to repair. I'd find a local electronics repair guy to take a look at it. Your local music shops might be a good place to start

the aggie has the same polarity as the Boss standard, I'm running mine from a cheap Harley Benton supply with no issues, it sounds like this one has died, hopefully you can find someone local to take a look, I know a guy I the Newcastle area if you're local.

Matt

If that's the case Mapp then yeah it must have died somehow. HEre is my power supply and seems to be the same as the polarity on the pedal?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Effects-Pedal-10-Way-Power-Bank-Supply-For-Guitar-Effects-Pedals-9V-DC-/371258493816?hash=item5670bb0b78:g:jcsAAOSwpDdU3i4P"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Effects-Pedal-10-Way-Power-Bank-Supply-For-Guitar-Effects-Pedals-9V-DC-/371258493816?hash=item5670bb0b78:g:jcsAAOSwpDdU3i4P[/url]

Thanks for the offer but I'm in sunny Devon! Will have to find someone around here